Top up fee with french debit card in euros

Let me know once you have the bank confirmation.

Thanks for your efforts?

I’m French . No fees w/ my french bank and card. Top up is free

Put the first six digits of the bank card into this site to see how the card is reported: https://www.bincodes.com/

1 Like

Yes, there are plenty of websites out there, where you can check the BIN number of your card. Here is another one, if you need to double check it.

http://www.binbase.net/

2 Likes

Hi all,
I think that in fact what we call “Credit Card” in France could be either debit or credit card depending on the fact that it is a “dĂ©bit diffĂ©rĂ©â€ card or a “dĂ©bit immĂ©diat” card.
For the “dĂ©bit diffĂ©rĂ©â€ car, as my Visa, the money is taken from the bank account once at the end of the month.
For the “dĂ©bit immĂ©diat” each time you use it, the money is taken directly from the bank account
Hope this help.
Regards,
Bob

1 Like

Hi, I now have obtained proof from our bank, how can I best send this to you?

Perfect!

Please contact our support team via the in-app support chat and they should be able to help you.

Hi. I was wondering if someone knows why BNP paribas charge you 2%+0.6 euros when you top up your Revolut account by a simple debit Card.
My card is 100% debit card, but alpparently this fee is because Revolut appear as non euro zone, even when I top up in euros and I recived euros in my revolut account. Additionally, if BNP doesn’t recognize my “purchase” (top up revolut) as inside of the eurozone (or even EEA company) why the should recognize a tranference as a SEPA? Maybe they will charge it as a SWIFT, which will be a problem. Is someone there who tried before topping up with BNP paribas by debit card? Thanks a lot!

Hey Milo, try the in app chat. They can tell you why and resolve it for you.

Hey, thanks! It was the second thing I did after trying to find the answer in the forum. They said the same that I already knew, my bank doesn’t recognize Revolut “purchase” with my debit card as EEA company or inside of the euro zone. That’s why I posted here. I will try again. Thanks!