Too agressive blocking strategy

I tried to book my flight on British Airways. Probably I have un-ticked the on-line payment option or something, but my card and account is now locked.

If this is because of disabled on-line payment option, I think the feedback to the user (me) should be softer, and since it was my choice, I should be able to enable on-line payments myself.

This is quite frustrating, and also decreases my trust to Revolut card payments, if I need to be afraid of random locking all the time.

1 Like

definetly not the reason, i have blocked my cards
online patyments several times, of
course i forfgot to enable it and i just got please unlock your card message everytime. never blocked. most time cards get automaticly locked when you topup a big number of funds and immediatly try to
spend it. yes, it does look pretty suspicious

1 Like

Thank you for the information!

Well, the first 1ÂŁ reservation payment went through from BA, then they said card is locked. I tried again, and BA claimed it to be locked, then I opened the App and saw my account is indeed locked.
That’s why I linked the BA payment to the locking.

Hey @Solarius :slight_smile:

I’m just wondering (trying to establish a pattern)… how old is your :r: account?

Hey @Juliopp! 18 days, is this some kind of initiation ritual then? :smiley:

1 Like

Hahaha it is starting to look like one :smile:

I have to say that a two-week old account suddenly topping a large amount of money and suddenly spending it might trigger some alarms, or it might just be a KYC directive. However, as @revodrago pointed, it’s probably got nothing to do with the restriction you set in the app.

Anyway, I guess that due to its “we’re beginning” nature, it’s easier for :r: to preventively block a large transaction (+account) on more recent accounts is safer and more convenient than having to reimburse the client afterwards for a fraudulent transaction. The supposedly intricate algorithm that triggers the lock will always be a mistery I guess :wink:

Did you already get your account unblocked?

2 Likes

Well, I guess you have a point there!
Nope, the account is still blocked.
I got transferred from the robot to a human, but he have been silent after the first message (which was probably automated/copypasted).

I was blocked just one hour ago, though.

Hey again @Solarius :slight_smile:

If I were you, I’d give then another 4-5 hours before trying any of these alternatives:

Thank you for the instructions! :slight_smile:
Since the account is still locked, I would like to summon @AndreasK and @jessicaszabla to help :slight_smile:

This might be contradictory to what I just sent, but both might be on a nice holiday break :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’d suggest trying with Twitter

No problem, it’s unblocked now! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

2 Likes