Thread of the Dead 😁

Most of the questions that ARE approved are already answered here in the forum… so yeah there is a little difference from that to be noob and be lazy and not wanting to search a little bit and read a little bit. And some people continue to ask same questions on different threads

Being a noob and being lazy are two different things. There noobs to this forum who have participated in other forums for many years and who know the etiquette. There are also veteran posters who are too lazy to search so they ask the same questions that have been already answered. There are also well meaning posters who searched before they posted, used a poor choice of search terms, found no answers and then asked a question that had already been answered.

I can see why forums require the first few posts of a new member to be approved by a moderator. That helps ensure they’re not spammers or trolls, etc. But it makes no sense to keep on doing that after that sort of threshold. And it makes even less sense to do that on a forum for a product where customer support staff are already in short supply.

I am also struggling to engage on this forum. I don’t know how else to become a member other than posting replies like this. But the moderators (when they get round to looking at it…no one has been on fr 24 hours now) they’ll probably delete this post!

2 Likes