They close my account after 10 days

Hi,

So I opened up a Freelancer account. After sending all my documents, explained all my business in details. After 10 days of doing some international wires and online payments they decided to close my account:

We regret to inform you that at this time we are unable to continue to offer you services. We have not locked your account, but do require you to begin offboarding procedures as of now. We also regret to inform you that you will no longer be able to receive funds into the account as of today. You can, however, still access your account, in order to make final withdrawals and download transaction histories (if required). We request that you please transfer out or withdraw your funds within the next 7 days. After this, we will revert any remaining funds directly to you and close your account. Again, we apologise for the inconvenience this will cause. Please do not hesitate to contact us via the web-based chat or at business@revolut.com

After asking for some explanations:

We regret to inform you that due to changing policies around the nature of business that we can support, we are unfortunately no longer able to continue offering you our services. You have been a valued customer and we thank you for choosing to use Revolut. Please make sure that the account would be cleared in one week time. Wish you a great day.

Of course no clear explanation given.
The most surprising here, is the “policy changes” they suddenly did within the 10 days I opened my account.

So is Revolut really a bank? Not just yet…

FYI I’m an online retailer in telecommunication.

1 Like

I have asked a bit more of explanations and he we go:

Various factors have been taken into consideration in arriving at this decision and unfortunately we are unable to provide services for your business anymore. Please accept our sincere apology that we are unable to provide any further information, and regrettably, there is no appeals pathway available in this instance.

Why banks (not a bank here) are beeing so shady? and give absolute 0 explanation. Why hiding the real explanation?

This is very frustrating when in my business I’m always crystal clear with my customers. I do not hide or lie to my customer.