The Ultimate Free ATM List - Travelling (by country)

I’m in Uruguay. I wonder if BBVA here charge the atm fee of 6USD (199 uruguayan pesos). All banks so far do charge. Thanks

Anyone know of which ATM’s/Banks in URUGUAY with no charge? So far all ATM’s I’ve been to charge around 6 USD!!

+1.
Please advise of any free German ATM

Haven’t found a free atm in URUGUAY yet but Redbrou only charge 100 pesos as opposed to 199 pesos in Banred. Big difference.

Spain (Alicante), February 2019
BBVA. Charges around 1.86 Euro per transaction!
BancaMarch. Charges 1.80 Euro per transaction!
Targo Bank. Charges 2 Euro per transaction!
Bankinter. NO FEES!

Israel (Tel Aviv), November 2018
Discount Bank. NO FEES!

Bank ATMs are mostly free. And if Sparkasse ATMs (Sparkasse own the largest ATM network in the country) recognize your card as a foreign card, it should also be free.

Keep in mind that Sparkasse is not one bank but about 400 independent banks under one brand. They can have different fees in different locations, if it’s free in Berlin a Sparkasse elsewhere might have a withdrawal limit or a fee.

1 Like

Sparkasse in Bavaria/Munich area wanted 6 Euro as a fee from my Revolut card!!! Six. Effing. Euro.

Yes, it’s annoying.

Sparkasse is by far the biggest ATM operator in the country. They hate that many fintechs don’t operate ATMs and rely on them for cash. They claim they can’t operate the network without loss, even with high fees. :woozy_face:

Does Sparkasse have same atm design for all their atm’s (so tourist like me who is not familiar with DE can clearly identify them)?

The brand design is the same, yes. But since it’s about 400 independent banks, fees are different all over the country.

Sparkasse does not charge any fees around here. Total random policy. Just avoid them to be safe. There are usually enough ATMs you can use as an alternative.

National Bank doesn’t work for Visa at least. Card was returned as invalid.

This weekend I was able to withdraw money from Morabanc ATM in Andorra with no fees. Mastercard revolut card.

Btw, did you know that Andorra even have their own euro coins? I never got one in change, only saw in internet.

In South Africa all ATMs charge around 50ZAR but cashback is available from supermarkets

Doesn’t Raiffeisenbank have the same concept?

Great list. Have you ever thought about using a Wiki so everyone could directly contribute their experience? Would make things easier for you, no?

3 Likes

Austria

Sparkasse ATMs in Innsbruck were free of charge with my Revolut MasterCard. Just always decline their “offer” of DCC.

Raiffeisen-Landesbank Tirol AG in Innsbruck wanted to charge €5; suffice to say I went elsewhere.

Most establishments accepted card payments, although one restaurant I visited did not.

1 Like

Brazil:
Branco Bradesco accepting Revolut Visa without fees for ATM withdrawal as of Feb 19
Itaú also, but the Revolut visa card only works in some branches and ATMs. Usually one machine of the 5 in the branch.

Thats really stupid from their side :frowning: If those ATM’s are identical and only 1 accepts R, its very inconvienent. I would most likely not go to check 4 other same atms in same place if first one were not working.

2 Likes