The Ultimate Free ATM List - Travelling (by country)

Thanks @lza for sharing this detailed country wise information. :heart_decoration: It’s really helpful. :star:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Since the message is a bit older, I can confirm that NBK of Kuwait still charges no fees with Revolut MC. And there is an ATM in the arrivals hall of Terminal 4 of KWI.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that with us @WiCo. :heart:

SG | Community Team

In Croatian HBP bank withdrawal in Euro was free on 01.05.2023

2 Likes

Wow it’s great to hear @Drozda. Welcome back to our community. :r:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Tunisia: QNB Bank ( Qatar National Bank) no fee for withdrawal money. There’s a limit of 800 dinares.

2 Likes

Welcome to our community, @robertoconexo. :wave: It’s lovely to have you here. And of course thanks for the information you shared with us. :people_hugging:

SG | Community Team

Arrived in Paraguay (May 2023). Tried only Sudameris bank and refused withdrawing, as they were looking for 25K PYG to get hold of my money. I have brought some USD cash with, as I knew most ATMs would want to rip me off with fees. But I might keep trying other banks, as I’ll be maybe a week here.

2 Likes

@alexfrmrio, Thanks for letting us know about it. You can check our ATM search feature in the HUB inside the app where you can see the next ATM of your location. :atm:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Followup to this: withdrew cash on my Visa card in Ciudad del Este, Paraguay at no cost whatsoever. I was doubting this would be possible in PY, but there is hope!!! Totally happy with finding that out, as I’ll still be spending a week here.

For your fee-free withdrawals, go to Dinelco BNF bank ATM (or just BNF). Its location is Avenida San Blas, near the pedestrian flyover. If you cross the bridge coming from Brazil, just stay on the main street and you’ll see it to your right.

2 Likes

@alexfrmrio , I must say Google Map will also not be able to give direction like this. I love it. :heart:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Sadly, I was totally wrong about my previous information

There is actually no fee-free ATM in Paraguay at all.

Added to that and from my absolute surprise and horror, I’ve found out that BNF lies to you.

They do inform you that “there will be extra charges to this transaction, by the card issuing bank”. What they DON’T tell you is that those extra charges are not from the card issuer, but from BNF themselves. Over the last 2 days, I withdrew 3 times, and paid 35000 PYG atm fees each (as opposed to Sudameris that charge you 25K).

Worst crookery I’ve ever seen in my life, they rob you and lie to you. Shocking :frowning:

Conclusion: if you ever visit Paraguay, bring dollars cash and use your debit cards only on your Uber/Bolt rides, restaurants, etc.

Also be aware that most “duty free” shops will pass their POS fees on to their customers (5-8%)

2 Likes

@alexfrmrio , We are sorry to hear about your experience.:frowning_face:

Thanks for letting other users know about this. Much appreciated. :people_hugging:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Hungary - Erste Bank - 1200HUF fee - 2023.04.30.
Official statement:
"Erste Bank charges 1200 HUF access fee for cash withdrawal transaction with non-domestic bank card at Erste Bank Hungary ATM’s per transaction. The access fee is introduced from 30 April 2023. Access fee is not charged for cash withdrawal transaction with bank card issued by Erste Group. Customer is informed on ATM screen about the access fee. In case of non-acceptance the transaction can be canceled.
Source: https://gate.erstebank.hu/ebh_internet_hird_frontend/document/download?documentId={10F745AB-ED07-4C4A-8936-B9CF01E582DE}

2 Likes

Welcome to our community, @bakos123 :wave:.

Thank you for sharing this information with us. :r:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Albania:

Airport:
Yes Fees all banks:
Intesa SanPaolo
Raiffeisen Bank
Btk
Tirana Bank

Tirana city:
No Fees:
Credins bank ( but there aren’t contactless in Tirana city, only with your card)
Yes Fees all banks:
Intesa SanPaolo
Raiffeisen Bank
Btk

2 Likes

Thanks for the details @Rkl. :star_struck:

SG | Community Team

2 Likes

I can confirm for Albania: only Credins is Fred of charge

2 Likes

Welcome back @Andrewxxxxx :wave: . Thanks for sharing the information. Keep visiting our community. :r:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

What are fee-free ATMs in Turkey now?

1 Like