The Ultimate Free ATM List - Travelling (by country)

Welcome to our :r: community @MrHackCZ. :wave:

Thanks for the information. This is helpful indeed.:heart:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Just back from 5 days in Israel.

On Arrival at TLV airport, better keep your distance from the local money changer from Hapoalim bank. However, Hapoalim own ATM machines located right next to It will not ask any withdrawal fees from you.

I also visited Jerusalem, and had the same results when tried to withdraw at Hapoalim ATM.

I had a daytrip to Ramallah, Palestine. All the bank names were in arabic so i could not tell which banks I visited, but i tried three atms, they wanted between 11 and 14 shekel withdrawal fees.

Because i have zero tolerance to paying ATM fees, i also brought some euros in cash. If i had needed to exchange cash, i wouldn’t have had any problems. Money changers are all over the place in Jerusalem.

The above results were with a Revolut Visa and a Wise visa. To pay at merchants, I used my AMEX because of the airline points. Most shops take Amex without any problems, also the public transport app “Moovit” ( only way to pay for buses and trains If you are a foreigner).

2 Likes

Thanks for the details. @alexfrmrio :star:

This will help those users who are planning to visit these countries. :earth_americas:

1 Like

Czech Republic
ČSOB fee 100 CZK for abroad cards (Visa, I don’t have physical MC)

1 Like

Thanks @Marethyu. Welcome to our community, mate. :star_struck:

1 Like

Czech Republik: Air Bank still no fee with Revolut Mastercard and also no minimum amount (I withdrew 200 CZK).

3 Likes

Hello @WiCo :wave:, thanks mate. :star:

1 Like

Using Revolut VISA, March 2023, these are my experiences in Georgia:

• Bank of Georgia, orange logo with a lion. No fees whatsoever.

• TBC Bank. Blue logo. Standard 3 GEL fee per withdrawal.

• 365 Liberty Bank. Red/Black colours. Standard 5 GEL fee per withdrawal.

• Terabank (not entirely sure about the name, but it’s purple). Standard 2 GEL fee per withdrawal.

I hope it helps.

4 Likes

Welcome to our :r: community @JuanBreva. :wave:

Thanks a bunch for sharing these details.:smiley: You are a star.:star:

SG | Community Team

2 Likes

As of March 2023 it seems there is no charge-free ATM cash withdrawal in Gambia.

1. Access Bank: 150 GMD
  2. Standard Chartered Bank: 200 GMD
  3. Ecobank: 200 GMD
  4. Trust Bank: 200 GMD
  5. GTBank (GTCO): 250 GMD

Still, with the exchange rate at our hotel of 1 EUR = 65 GMD it was a beter option to use Revolut Visa debit card with the 150 GMD ATM fee, than bringing euro from Europe and exchanging it locally, at least for the max. ATM amount of 8.000 GMD.

The EUR/GMD Revolut exchange rate was 66.55.

2 Likes

@tony12624120 Thanks a ton :hugs:

Was last week in Bulgaria, DSK Bank is still free.
You will find one of their ATM’s at Sofia airport when you exit customs (next to 2 Euronet’s).
Used Revolut Visa.

1 Like

After long time @dhr2k19, we missed you :face_holding_back_tears:

Thank you for the input.:heart_decoration: This will definitely help other users.:star:

SG | Community Team

Do you know if it’s still the same? Or any other fee free ATM in Egypt, anyone?

1 Like

Hello @zsorda :wave: , welcome back to our community, mate. :heart_decoration:

Sadly, I can’t help you with a fee free ATM list but I’m sure someone else who has been in Egypt will help you with the exact details.:slightly_smiling_face:

Till then, you can check our ATM search feature in the HUB inside the app where you can see the next ATM of your location. :atm:

SG | Community Team

In Tirana, Albania RN.
Credins Bank is still free (with Revolut Visa)
Other banks can charge up to 700 leke (€ 6.30) so stick to Credins if you don’t want to pay

4 Likes

Appreciate your help @dhr2k19.:hugs: I hope this answers your concern @zsorda.:rose:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Skopje ( Macedonia ),
no fees for withdrawal in : Komercijalna Banka, not contactless. ( In Mall near Macedonian place, not contactless)

Sofia (Bulgarian),
No fees for withdrawal in: Fibank ( Serdika Metro station, near McDonald’s, not contactless

2 Likes

@Rkl, Welcome to our :r: community, mate. :people_hugging: Thanks for the information. Much needed. :sunflower:

SG | Community Team

2 Likes

Hi all and thanks for your submissions, I always check this list before traveling abroad.

Here are some updates from my recent Revolut experience in Africa:
Zambia (Livingstone) - Atlasmara ATM and FNB ATM kwacha withdrawals are free of charge - tested with Revolut VISA in April, 2023. Choose ‘Savings account’ when asked which account to use by an ATM. FNB is very popular among locals with queues next to ATMs most of the time.

Botswana (Kazungula & Kasane) - FNB ATM pula withdrawals are free of charge - tested with Revolut VISA and Mastercard in April, 2023. Choose ‘Savings account’ when asked which account to use by an ATM. I was actually afraid for Botswana ATMs, as it was not on this ultimate list and another thread in this forum said Revolut cards are not supported there, but luckily it worked without problems. Note that Google Maps only show Absa ATM’s, but there are plenty of other providers near the shops. We sticked with FNB as it proved to work well in Zambia.

Zimbabwe - didn’t even try ATMs, as they use USD for all cash transactions, but both Revolut Mastercard and VISA were rejected everywhere we tried to pay with them. The error message on the receipt read ‘Fraud alert’. Revolut support replied that they cannot do anything about that. So if traveling to Zimbabwe, make sure to bring enough cash in USD. They also accept Euro, GB Pound, Kwacha, Pula and Rand, but at unfavorable rates (basically 1 USD = 1 EUR = 1 GBP). It is also a bit of a hassle to pay in cash in supermarkets as the lowest bill in circulation is 1 USD (no coins circulating). So instead of change, cashiers would just offer bottles of water or chewing gum. When I insisted I want the change, the manager brought me a bunch of Zimbabwean dollars, that are basically not accepted anywhere (the rate in April, 2023 was 1 USD = 1100 ZWL).

Hope it helps!

4 Likes