The Ultimate Free ATM List - Travelling (by country)

Just returned from Brazil, with regards to your message:

Brazil

• Banco do Brasil ATMs (tested in September 2018 with Visa and MC)

This is correct however sometimes the bank limits the amount you can withdraw I found. Maximum in one day was R$500 when I was out there 2 weeks ago.

2 Likes

Personally I was not even able to get money from La Caixa ATM with standard Revolut Visa card, despite I have PLN/EUR currencies on my Revolut account, it was proposing only to withdrawn from GBP to EUR conversion. If convertion is refused, the transaction is cancelled and card is given back.
All ATM from Santander group are charged 5 EUR. For comparison the same ATM charged 1.8 EUR from French MasterCard debit card (Crédit Agricole).

Ecuador

• Banco PacĂ­fico - $3 fee
  • Banco Guayaquil - $1,50 fee
  • Banco Bolivariano - $2 fee

No problems (so far) paying on shops or restaurants.

EDIT: NO fees withdrawing from Produbanco. VISA was rejected, only MasterCard worked.

Croatia
Zagrebačka banka is everywhere here and I didn’t have to pay any fee. (MasterCard)
I withdrew when we arrived at Zadar Airport and Chose this ATM because of a different thread in the community. There where many others (Euronet included) but I only tried Zagrebačka banka.

Update:
Today had to withdraw again. Erste Bank ATM was free of any charge, too.
You might also use MoneyGet ATM. :slightly_smiling_face:

As you can see- I’ve written about Euronet.

It was more to confirm a Euronet ATM at every corner than to add the info. And to mention that Zagrebacka banka is spread as widely as those are, too. :slight_smile:

Romania
ING (as of Oct 2018)

1 Like

All Croatian ATMs are free of charge in Croatia (even the Euronet ones if you use your Visa card).

OK. Good for Visa owner. At the moment – from DE – I couldn’t even order a :r: Visa. Also, I guess @redi mentioned the difference between MC and Visa already.

So for MC users this info is relevant I guess.

I’m from Croatia and Visa is also not available to order in Croatia (only MC) but there was a period of introduction of Visa cards when Revolut offered free Visa cards to a limited number of users, I applied and got it, maybe you can do the same.

In Dominican Republic, most ATMs seem to be free, POS is accepted everywhere. Withdrawn from the Jumbo ATMs and they didn’t charge me or even offer a bad exchange rate (not that I accepted it).
HOWEVER, I was only able to withdraw with the Visa card. The Mastercard was rejected at every atm I tried. The mastercard does work for POS however.

November update is out! Thanks to all contributors.

Due to a limited amount of edits in the original post, I exported the list to Dropbox. You can find it here now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajifjmncdazhzm6/Revolut_FreeATM.xlsx?dl=0

Cheers!

1 Like

I recently was in Chicago. No fees from what I believe is the only Wells Fargo ATM in town (10 S Wacker Dr,). It worked with both my Revolut Visa and my TransferWise Mastercard

hi, what does it mean DCC?

TLDR: they offer to convert the amount debited for you. usually with a worse exchange rate than your bank.

no fees in Spain with Banca March with Revolut Visa card (Nov. 8.).

hi.

it is a scam called dynamic currency conversion.

https://blog.revolut.com/what-you-didnt-know-about-using-atms-abroad/

https://thepointsguy.com/2015/06/dynamic-currency-conversion/

After my holidays I can now say that in Oman at least Bank Muscat & Bank Dhofar are free of charge , yes!!!

2 Likes

MEXICO

So far I didn’t find any free ATM for Visa withdrawals. The fees are not that bad though. The fees are not fixed but vary across subsidiaries and over time. Here are a few examples from Guadalajara:

BBVA Bancomer 25.52 MXN
Citi Banamex 30.74 MXN
Santander 34.80 MXN
HSBC fee was around 35 MXN, too.

I haven’t tried Banorte yet. But usually, the fees are around 30-35 MXN.

Costa Rica verified November 2018:

• BAC Credomatic
  • Banco Nacional
1 Like