The ultimative free ATM withdrawal list for travelling (by country)

Hungary: Unicreditbank (18.03.2019) - there was no fee, DCC was not even offered

Thank you very much for compiling the list :+1:

1 Like

Italy: UniCredit, for Visa. Last checked: January 2019

The ULTIMATIVE list is growing! Thank you very much for your contributions! :star_struck:

The April update was just done. Happy travels!

Great info thanks peeps

Italy:
Unicredit - no fee,
BNL - no fee
(tested March 2019 with Visa)
Both ATMs proposed currency conversion.

I think that the information for Greece should be updated, based on those topics:

Tried Wells Fargo in New York City and I was asked for a 5 USD fee, making it more expensive than most other ATMs in NYC. Tried both MC and Visa.

Fee-free ATMs in Croatia:

• PBZ (Privredna banka Zagreb)
  • Sberbank
  • OTP
  • IKB (Istarska kreditna banka)
  • Erste banka

Fee-free cash withdrawals on POS terminals in Croatia:

• Tisak newsstands
  • Konzum shops
  • Hrvatska pošta (Croatian Post)

Fee-free ATMs in Bosnia and Herzegovina:

• UniCredit Bank
  • Addiko Bank
  • Nova Banka

Avoid the following ATMs: Intesa Sanpaolo (6 BAM fee), Sparkasse (7 KM fee) and Raiffeisen BANK (8 BAM fee).

Fee-free ATMs in Germany:

• Postbank
  • Commerzbank
  • Landesbank Baden-Württemberg (LBBW)
1 Like

All ATM’s should be fee-free in Latvia.

Only 8 banks offer ATM service.

1. Swedbank - have 367 atms
  2. SEB banka - have 209 atms
  3. Luminor bank - have 219 atms
  4. Citadele banka - have 173 atms
  5. PrivatBank - have 14 atms
  6. BlueOrange Bank - have 5 atms
  7. PNB Banka (former Norvik) - have 3 atms
  8. Rietumu banka - have 1 atm
    ^ Those are official data, valid on 31.12.2018

Maybe I could go berserk and withdraw 5eur from all different bank atm’s to test if its free or not. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But really there should not be charges for all cards - mastercad, VISA and maestro.

Personally I tested Revolut (VISA) with Citadele banka, Luminor bank, SEB Banka and Swedbank some time ago.
There was no any charges of any of those banks. DCC was not offered.

No fees from Deutsche Bank, Postbank and Reisebank in Germany.

Hi Djf,

I would be very grateful to know which Redbrou in Uruguay you used that didn’t charge you. I’m in Uruguay now and use a Redbrou with a charge of 100 pesos each transaction. if you could let me know where the ATM was that didn’t charge you would be fantastic. many thanks

He referred to be charged 100 bucks only instead of more at other ATM :wink:

BTW, list updated again due to many replies. Happy Easter!

In Peru, same for BBVA (Mastercard has a fixed PEN 25 fee for any withdrawal amount, max. each time is PEN 400)

Cash back in supermarkets are not available, card is only for shopping and atm

Argentina
Mendoza, April 2019 with Visa Card
Best found - Banco Patagonia EB Machine 7500 peso transaction 463 peso fee
2nd best found - Banco de Lá Nacion Link Machine 4000 peso transaction 262.80 peso fee (Max per withdrawal 4000, I think its 8,000 per day limit)

Cash back at the supermarkets are not available with revolut, only shopping and withdraw at the atm is available

1 Like

I discovered that at my local pub a few weeks ago. I contacted help/chat and I don’t think they understood the concept of cashback. They just kept repeating I had to have Metal to get cashback. I explained it wasn’t that kind of cashback but they just didn’t/couldn’t understand what I meant. I now use either my Monzo or preferably my Starling if I want cashback at supermarket or pub.

Stay away from Wells Fargo ATMs. They charge you a 6 USD fee without notifying you.

Stay away from any American ATM they’re all as bad as 6$ fees. Only difference is most notify you :thinking:

:it:Italy
These banks didn’t charge me:
Raiffeisen
Volksbank
Unicredit
Sparkasse - Cassa di Risparmio
Banca Popolare di Sondrio
Poste - ATMs at the post offices

I have a MC card
I think you can also try atms that aren’t in this list, I don’t think they’ll charge you.