The Ultimate Free ATM List - Travelling (by country)

25 posts were split to a new topic: Latest ATM List By Country (With Fee/Without Fee)

Hey
Armenia, 2023.09 theese banks taken no fee: Ardshinbank, HSBC
Serbia, API Bank 2024.02. no fee
I used my visa card but probably mastercard works too

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing the ATM names with us @TwlenTwo. Welcome to our community. :credit_card:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Senegal Feb 2024 - Only NSIA Bank remains free, all others charge you 3500 XOF.

3 Likes

Hello DrTamas :wave: ,

Thank you for confirming the ATM details. :atm:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

honestly this data thread is now spread all over the place.
I’ve kinda gathered them up and reorganized them into a tool / table for anyone interested.
https://jayflyer.com/travel-tips/free-atms-around-the-world/

4 Likes

Welcome to our community @jayflyer. Thank you so much for this organised data. You are a star. :hugs:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Last month Ecobank ATMs in Senegal did not have a withdrawal fee.

2 Likes

Benin, Cameroon, Cote dlvorie Ecobank ATMs have no withdrawal fees with Visa or MasterCard

2 Likes

North Macedonia.

All banks charge a fee both with Visa and MasterCard (checked in Skopje)

Halkbank is the chaeapest 150MKD, regardless the amount.

Sparkasse 250MKD.

NLB, Capital 350MKD

2 Likes

Thank you so much everyone for letting us know about the ATM fees. :atm:

Welcome back to our community @Andrewxxxxx. :r:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

I haven’t come across any Credins ATM anywhere. Out of the 3 ATMs located at the airport, the lowest ATM fee was an appalling ALL500 (€5).

Luckily I have some euro cash with me. You will need cash, as only shops and supermarkets accept plastic money, so I exchanged a little at the airport for a decent €1 = ALL99 rate. There is no taxi app, so you will need cash already to leave the airport, either by regular taxi or airport bus (cost Mar 2024: ALL 400)

So if you’ve brought cash, like me, Western Union shops in towns will offer you ALL 101 for €1. If you haven’t, your options are give in to the bank crooks, and pay €5 every time you need cash OR send money to yourself with Western Union. Apparently it costs from €2 to send money from a EU country to Albania, check on their website. WU shops are everywhere.

I’ll keep looking for a fee free ATM if I stay here longer.

2 Likes

In Ireland, at least while I was living there, it was pretty common to ask for “cashback” at a convenience store, such as Spar or Londis.

I went to try this in the US, then I got into a huge argument with the sales person. It happens that, as we from the “normal countries” always tend to forget, sales tax in the US is added at checkout. Guy scans my bottle of mineral water, gives me a $20 and then adds sales tax for the water bottle AND the $20. When I saw the amount of the POS machine, you guess the end of the story…

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here @alexfrmrio. This is very helpful. :star:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Update for some ATM fees in Peru tested this week:

1: BBVA (“Banco Continental”): 38 PEN
2: BCP (“Banco de Credito”): 35 PEN
3: Interbank (“GlobalNet” ATMs): 25 PEN
4: “Banco de la Nacion” (“MultiRed” ATMs): No fee, WARNING: they do not ask for confirmation, as soon as you select the PEN you want to withdraw, it gives you the bills, unlike the others (they warn you about the fee)

1 Like

We are glad to have you here in our community @emi12. :wave:

Thank you for providing the ATM information, including the fees and disclaimer. This will be very beneficial. :star:

SG | Community Team

Hi, not so free, but a warning to everyone.
BTV 3 banken gruppe (Austria) charged me 3.90 EUR for an ATM withdrawal.
I was a bit in a rush but pretty sure that at no time during the withdrawal I was shown the amount of the fee.

1 Like

Hello @Martinolupo :wave:,

Welcome back to our community. Thank you for sharing the fees details with us. :pray:

SG | Community Team

This should be a fixed post.

1 Like