Thai baht and extra charges

I agree with @scubascuba3 on this one.
I have a prepaid Visa from a local bank, that costs me 10 euro for the duration of validity (5 years), and it costs 2,5 EUR to withdraw worldwide on any ATM.

Compared to Revolut, this prepaid Visa with no credit checks or anything and beeing virtually free gives me access to my money and Visa exchange rate for a verry small fee.

If I withdraw around 30.000 thb (which is maximum), I end up saving 5-10 euro compared to Revolut. That is alot. Keep in mind that when I travel in Thailand I can easily make two or three withdrawals like that each month, and it costs me 30 euro more monthly to use Revolutā€¦ all because of the rate which is totally uncompetitive.

I think @Jorgixhallo is right. If Revolut is unable to provide customers with a decent rate for THB, they should at least have the agreement with Mastercard to somehow use their rate instead. It is significantly better.

As I was mostly using my card in Thailand, this makes it uncompetitive. And keep in mind, that this rate was changed a couple of weeks ago. When I was making withdrawals in mid of August, the rate was actually ā€œinterbankā€ and it was great. not anymore !

1 Like

Poor customer relations is what going to bring this project down eventually, which is a great shame.

Dear Revolut, in the name of all thatā€™s holy, donā€™t be sneaky with your customers. If you canā€™t offer interbank exchange rates, say that. If you canā€™t accept new users from some countries, say that. People trust you with their money, there no better way to ruin your business than by destroying trust.

2 Likes