Temporary Sim Card

Hey Guys,
I’m travelling this week to the US, and i’m planning on getting a temporary prepaid simcard in order to remain connected. Is this going to block my account? Will I be able to log into my Revolut account? Appreciate any answers, thanks!

Hi! No. Just get in touch with us so we can change the phone number associated with your account for you.

Will I have to change the number associated with my account even if its just for one week? Can’t I remain logged into the app and just reboot my iphone with a new simcard?

Some functionality depends on being able to receive text messages. Like with many banking services, texts are an additional way for 2 factor authentication. You can try using the app without changing your number, but you might run into unexpected problems.

Hi, I also intend to use a temporary prepaid simcard while travelling to Namibia in January. My plan is to put my local simcard (associated to my Revolut account) in an old (non smart) cellphone in order to be able to receive text messages. Will this work ?

If I put a second SIM card when travelling , maintaining the first one (with I singup with Revolut in my country, Do I have any issue?

I also bought a temporary SIM card in France and received push messages without any problems; no need to change phone number in app. Maybe this is necessary for more complex things (?), but if you just use your card abroad, it will work without a problem.

Some functionality relies on 2FA, where a text is sent to the phone number, like adding new recipients for transfers.

I want only the second SIM card to receive the pin that the bank send to me (3D Secure).