Temporarily disabled Business Account - Warning to all the other startups out there!

Hello back @valery1 :wave:

Disabled accounts cannot be closed until they are functional again.

To close a functional account in most cases we will require the business account admin to:

:white_check_mark: normalise the account balance so that it equals 0 in all currency pockets
:white_check_mark: make sure that there are no pending payments or refunds
:white_check_mark: confirm the security questions
:white_check_mark: download the account statement
:white_check_mark: provide us with an official document confirming the number of employees in the company.

Kind regards,
Olga

how is the fine for interrupting the 12mo contract paid then?

may I ask what’s the purpose of this one?

Dear Olga!

Thank you for explanation of procedure of the account closing.

Our story:
Our account was blocked when we try to remit the money to our agents. We have provided supporting documents we were requested. Revolut said that our account is under review. It is already 3 weeks we have no access to the account.

Question:
Is a procedure of blocking the account has any time limits or the account can be blocked for unlimited time?

Thanks in advance
Valery1

Hi @alejandro.mery :wave:

We never fine our customers, but we may ask the account holder to pay the fees in advance so we can deduct them manually from their pocket.

As per our T&Cs, we’re able to terminate accounts belonging to microenterprises before the contract ends. Providing a proof of the number of employees on payroll helps us speed this up.

1 Like

That’s appalling, I’d seek some form of compensation.

can you please check our account it took 4 weeks!!! still blocked

2 Likes

Same problem here.

Account disabled without any reason and nobody reply to us.

Unable to pay suppliers and get payments, that means that the company will go to babkrupcy if the issue is not solved quickly.

I have already sent a formal complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service

2 Likes

Hi there!

We’re sorry to hear you’re experience such issues with your account.
It’s possible that our relevant team is still working on your account and sometimes it might take a bit before a conclusion is reached. You can still contact us via the support chat if you go to our business website and click on the chat bubble on the bottom right corner. You don’t need to be signed in in order to contact us.

https://business.revolut.com/

Best regards,
Revolut Team

I contacted you many times, I just got answer that for security reason you can’t provide information and I have to wait a reply from relevant department.

Unfortunately in the while we’re unable to pay suppliers and tax since HMRC is waiting payments from us and in a short time if we don’t pay the company will go to fines from HMRC and bakrupcy because unable to pay suppliers.

Who will be responsible for such damage?

1 Like

Hello, I have the same story, account is blocked and nobody even wrote a reason why…? over chat always the same answers “the relevant team will contact you” but they never did.
Its already blocked for one week and no any news…

Dear
I have business account which has been disabled ‘for security reasons’. No one has asked for any additional documents or anything and there haven’t been any transactions in the last few weeks as we usually only make transactions on a monthly basis (which had all been cleared previously with the Revolut compliance team) - it makes no sense for the account to be locked, a normal bank would never do this.

In addition, no one is responding on the chat, which is perpetually ‘looking for an agent…’ which I can only guess is because someone in the Revolut team has switched my chat to ‘do not disturb’ or some other tool you have to ignore customers… Absolutely one of the worst customer experiences I have ever had in my life. Please can someone respond?

1 Like

We were told (by a chat message) that our account was being closed and payments would start being reverted in 21 days.

Revolut then started reverting payments same day (2 weeks ago). However none of those payments have been reverted and stripe (who sent them) haven’t received them.

Chat refuse to tell me what’s going on. We have $50k missing and suppliers who need paying, in the midst of coronavirus also putting huge pressure on our business.

I’m short, revolut could bankrupt us.

My recommendation is tweet them publicly with your complaint. They respond there faster than chat.

Then, when you’re sorted this issue, go bank with a bank you can rely on. The same thing happened with payments to ny personal account. They’re fine when things are working. But when things go wrong, which they do, they go really wrong.

Hi there!

We’re sorry to hear about the outcome of your account with us and for any inconvenience that this might have caused to you and your business.

If there is any issue that you still require clarification for, it would be better solved by our agents via the support chat, as due to security reasons, we won’t be able to provide any details about your account via social media platforms.

You can start a chat with us from our website, here: https://business.revolut.com/signin by clicking on the chat bubble on the bottom right corner, if by any chance you can’t sign in on the account, you should still be able to start a chat from there as an anonymous user.

Best regards,
Revolut Team

How I may get judgment against my companies from revolut ?
How I may unfreeze money on salaries for employers ?

Hello,
We have a three companies and all of them have closed access… How we may doing business ?
Is it a business account ?
How may I pay our workers, customers for services and any else ?

Fairly new customer here and my 2 companies accounts have both now been disabled with no notification as to why. I have had app notifications that there are questions waiting but I can no longer access these to reply. ‘Chat’ is just giving a standard compliance response which isn’t helpful/!!

Same here
They block account and dont give any feed back
Im still waiting for a feedback im short near to bankrupt my company too
Can not pay any employees or partners… cause Revolut block my money for no reasons
Best solutions is to contact lawyers first

Hope we can get a feedback thank you

Dear Sir

You told us to contact the chat but you block the chat since more than 1 week on ’ looking for an agent ’ or ’ Bharti ’
And you reply on other accounts chat but where you block without reasons you dont reply no more
My company will contact their lawyer i have all screenshots…
You didnt ask me for no documents and you block my accounts for no reason you keep my money on pending and dont reply no more

THank you
Best regards

@athiskh @Rickd @Sputnikon

Hi there!

We apologize if the issues experienced with your accounts is causing you or your business any inconvenience.

As an FCA regulated institution, we are obliged to proceed with such checks on accounts and although we try to make this process as fast and smooth as possible, sometimes it might take longer before a conclusion is reached.

No issue is forgotten, once there’s an update on the status of your accounts, you’ll be contacted directly by the team handling the matter.

Best regards,
Revolut Team

Hi,

Thank you for answer, but we hadn’t got any answer about our duties to our employees and taxes. Could you write us how to unblock money for that operations ? My employees wait for money.
What with money which was send after freezing on our accounts ?
We need to be inform but I have feeling be treated as a criminal. Nobody explain us main problem, how long it takes. Support chat works only while.
I sent today request for getting statements - we have a lot duties to our government institution.
We must pay taxes for all transaction which we cause. How pay for that ?
We still have a little information, and don’t know how long we will be exist in that.
Could you send me more information ? As financial institution you have a duties to us, but didn’t respect it :confused: