SWITZERLAND - Top-up --> working method = TW, and direct to shared Rev account

Or just do it via Transferwise as described at the start of the thread for a guaranteed free top up.

Good morning,

Little question, Iā€™ve made a top-up (18.01) with my MC Cumulus and got 1.5% fees (saying ā€œabroad transaction in CHFā€) from Cembra. Never happened before (latest 28.12)ā€¦
What about you with same card?
Thx

I canā€™t say anything about the top up via Cumulus MC.

As a nice side effect of neon scrapping the abroad spending fees, the top up with their card will be free for sure - unless it somehow is categorized as a withdrawal.

Sure, I could use Neon (and only Neon even to go abroad eventually) or top up with bank transfer, iā€™m not in rush so I can wait 2 days.
But what I liked is with Cumulus you get ā€œpointsā€ for every top up you make. But now with fees itā€™s not worth it anymoreā€¦

Good Morning,

We are going to look into it. It seems we are applying the abroad fee transaction.
Thanks for reporting.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help. Please let us know for any news.

As other users reported it, did you change the MCC?

MC Cumulus also started charging 1.5% to me (ā€œfrais CHF paiement aĢ€ lā€™eĢtrangerā€)ā€¦

1 Like

Thank you. Itā€™s about time to trash this card.

F************CK !!! I used to top up thousands of CHF every month via MC Cumulus and now just checked in the app, they applied to me a topup fee starting the 22nd of January :frowning: tomorrow I will call them and Iā€™m going to yell on the phone. They cannot start to apply these fees suddenly out of the blue

1 Like

Any idea of which credit card is still free to topup revolut in Switzerland? itā€™s like a nightmare

1 Like

Use local bank transfer to the CS collection account, thatā€™s free.

2 Likes

Swisscard AECS Cashback card is without fees (you wonā€˜t get cashback for Revolut topups)

And of course Neon

Iā€˜m using both of it, depending on the funds i need (credit/savings)

1 Like

Got also Swisscard (Business one) problem to top up Revolut from 18 January . Used that for one year without problem.
Suddently denied top up.
I learned after several call that I need to activate cash advance for make it work again.
Guess the fees :crazy_face:

Thanks for your reply but itā€™s not useful. I didnā€™t ask something that I already know.

This is the official reply from Cembra on Twitter

3 Likes

Of course it was helpful.
No question is necessary just to get good help.

But since you already knew it, I think you just wanted to collect selfish points.
The fees are not out of the blue, they have been known for a long time. Now the fees are only implemented consistently. So, use revolut fair as intended or cry because of the fees.

Lg

2 Likes

what is your problem? selfish points ? what are you talking about? I have asked something very specific: which CREDIT CARD is still free, and he replied ā€œmake a money transfer to the pooled accountā€. Everybody knows that the money transfer is free, the issue is that it takes 2-3 days for the money to be there, as itā€™s instantly with a credit card. So his comment was completely useless.

BTW iā€™m not selfish at all, as I started a thread on twitter and Cembra is apparently working on this, so if you want to help the community, do the same, instead of writing another useless comment like you did.

if you donā€™t want to accept help, we canā€™t help.
my weekly transfers always reach my account after midnight.
less than 24h, whether from ubs, cler or neon. That is the help I can offer.

All swiss credit cards have shown fees except neon. sooner or later everyone will close this gap! looking for a gap is therefore pointless. but good luck with that.

BTW: my reaction relates to your answer to @OliverCH .We donā€™t know what you already know or donā€™t want to know. Describing his help as useless was cheeky.

Lg

I didnā€™t ask for your comment though, who do you think you are? the owner of the community ? btw not only your comments are useless, but you are also spreading fake news, because we tested different credit cards in the past (you can see a resumed scheme in some posts ago) and itā€™s not true that Neon is the only one without fees:

• UBS credit cards are free (last test 10 of January 2020)
  • all Swisscards (miles and more, cashback, etc) are free
  • Migros Cembra were free until the 22nd of January and they are working on it, like they said.

about your comment: ā€œwe donā€™t know what you already nowā€. First of all: ā€œweā€? are you different persons? Secondly: my question was crystal clear: CREDIT CARD not bank transfer. So again: pointless comment.