SWITZERLAND - Top-up --> working method = TW, and direct to shared Rev account

In addition to this the details in the app were adjusted (already looking forward to failed transfers due to umlauts).
It just sucks when you do regular transfers and have not seen the change because of the missing notification in the app.

1 Like

At least they are shown correctly in the app. I’ll try with a small amount soon

Thanks a lot for the warning.

@Revolut: failed communication once again

heads up for neon users: the app (android) will not accept line breaks.
I am testing if it works without them but still separated by commas

1 Like

More like failed banking basics once again.

Which is easy for Revolut to do but actually incorrect as the bank transfer does not support these characters.

Unsurprisingly my first test transfer without line breaks failed. (parsing comma separated values is SO hard)

Did it bounce correclty to your account? My first transfer with the three lines, the first two ending with coma and my name with umlaut failed (app popup this morning regarding rejected transfer, but I could not read it and I can’t find it in the app. Support does not know anything.,
).
Curious how this ends
 and annoying!

I don’t think they can send it back right away. I would guess that CS processes (and accepts) the transfers at noon when all transfers are exchanged among banks in Switzerland. Then provides Revolut with the transfer data and Revolut checks them at night.
All failed transfers then have to be sent back during another noon timeframe - which would have been today ideally.
I am not sure about the last part as Revolut is know to keep money in the banking loop if they couldn’t be assigned. (though they did detect my reference number to send a push notification)

The message just says something alone the lines: *couldn’t credit amount x to you as reference “” did not match the requirements. see the bank information of your CHF account to see correct format"

So I’m checking my regular bank account tomorrow for the reject
 I’ll keep you posted. But I’m still not sure how this shall work.
Assuming the umlaut really caused the error, shall we translate like Ă€ to ae, ö to oe and ĂŒ to ue? Any experience already?

1 Like

In my case ö was already changed to oe so I did another transfer with o instead of ö like my name is written on the card.
I can only guess what could work, and ultimately complain to the customer service.

Where was this changed? On the account details page or during the bank transfer?

the sending bank automatically changed it

But then you still don’t know which version does work, right?

Could you now successfully transfer money to your Revolut account through the CS collection account this way, replacing ö with o?

I now got credited the amount I sent two days ago back to my normal bank account.

I used different amounts to keep track of the used reference.
It worked with o instead of ö without any line breaks. The reference had a total length of 35 characters.

Thanks for this update. I will try again today.

Did you notice in the account details, that the third line, where Switzerland was started, now it just reads CH?

They seem to still play around to optimize the system.

I just had a follow up chat with the support asking about how to send the payment as umlaut does not work. In the end, he replaced the umlaut character ĂŒ with an u in my name.
That at least solves probably my problem but not the general issue they probably have with all special characters.
But at least that is in line with what is printed on my card, there the umlaut also was just replaced with the plain version of that character.

Yep, “my app” now states CH instead Switzerland, too

I feel like I joyned a beta-program

(sry to be the “capitalistic pig” here, @:r: , but normally, beta-testers are getting some sort of incentive; what other than a severe case of “annoyance” are we “swiss beta-testers” supposed to get?)

That’s not how beta testing works at all unless you’ve signed a contract entitling you to an incentive

@Recchan

careful with your choice of arguments!
If you want to go down the “signed a contract”-argumentationroute, questions might arise why people are now “public betatesters for changes” without signing a contract, OR why there was no warning in advance that they are now part of “testing”, nor a message of “ongoing changes within the top-up-process within next few weeks” giving a specific timeframe where reoccuring top-ups will NOT work due to the many changes AND how this could be interpreted as breach of the contract between users and revolut (can’t use the service as “r” keeps messing with the system)

Remember the other threads where we “discussed” why swiss customers getting more and more annoyed with revolut? Add “now, we can’t even have reoccuring topups anymore as revolut changes the requirements on an almost daily basis” to the “Another thing that used to work”-List.

Just think about this: we swiss don’t have a reliable topup-method anymore (except using Transferwise, a direct competitor to revolut); cards may or may have not fees, CHF-iban has changing reference-requirements leading to a sh
tload of rejected topups, depending uppon the changes (and enforcing them), users from certain banks can’t use that bank to enter the topup (no “new line” features in online-apps)

As said before: if they want to get rid of swiss customers, they sould send an e-mail, telling they’re leaving swiss market and to transfer the money out, refunding payed services aso, and “go with honor”. But not continuisly making the service miserable for customers.