SWITZERLAND - Top-up --> working method = TW, and direct to shared Rev account

I toped up today with no fee. TW card is still shown as a GBP card.

This fees shouldnā€™t happenā€¦
Was the app showing you the fees while typing the amount?

The TW cards were issued in the GB by a German company (Wirecard)
If you used the same card to top-up without fees, how the card issue place could change?

I have done my second top up today with transferwise card with no fee. Donā€™t forget to choose ā€œYes Continueā€ if asked if you want to pay in CHF, because the card is in GBP.

Transferwise is also really quick. Yesterday evening I make a Bank transfer and today morning at 9am I had the money on transferwise.

CH IBAN available from today! Check your account details!!! Time tonsay goodbye to transwerwise (or keep it for another 200 of free atm limit)

1 Like

Hello, can anyone confirm that anyone can transfer money to this account or only account owner, because this is pooled account?

Yes - as it is a pooled acount, one has to mention the ref-number (without, the same problems with the Lloyds-Pooled-Account apply)ā€¦

But finally a topup-method.

But as I said in the other thread:

(now i understand why it took so longā€¦ :r went to the second ā€œ2big2failā€-bank that has no interest in competitionā€¦ my bet: raiffeisen or one of the smallers would have LOVED a partnership with personal CH-IBAN :wink:

Thereā€™s still some lost trust to make up. Because there was no announcement YET AGAIN. They change the system all the time and never tell their customersā€¦ Seriously!? Thatā€™s like having an account with UBS!

Just tried a Top-up with the new credentials. Will report success/failure as soon the bank processes payments (merry x-mas) again on 27thā€¦

Issue:
Payments IN Switzerland require a full address of the recipient.
As it is stated in the app the recipient is revolut, i had to search their address on the homepage so I could fill out the banks formā€¦ (thatā€™s also something revolut should tell the clients: the full recipient-address)

Well, weā€™ll see :slight_smile:

Payments do only need the name of recipient, the address was only needed in the past.
Not all banks did change their payment forms after the change.

As an example it works without address with UBS.

Swiss IBAN is now available!
Danke Revolut :pray:t2:

I got my CHF on Revolut via Transferwise Borderless Card payment. Can I return the CHF to my bank Swiss bank for free? When I try to set the CHF account up it gives an error - try later.

thanks for the TW ideaā€¦ i using it now for monthā€¦
sometimes the money is available in 2-3 hours.
works really great so far.

setting up the account and stuff is a little bit annoying, but it worth the effort

In several threads itā€™s been said transfer from Revolut to CH is a SWIFT-Paymentā€¦ Iā€™d say nopeā€¦

But if need be, you can still topup the TW Borderless-Account via Revolut-Card, then send the money via TW to your bank in CHā€¦ Thereā€™s a loss, too - but still less than SWIFTā€¦

1 Like

Hi

I have just received a withdrawal from Revolut (50 CHF). In my Raiffeisen E-banking Iā€™ve got the following message: ā€œSpesenoption: zu Lasten Auftraggeber (OUR)ā€. No fee was charged, I received the full amount.

Issue:
Payments IN Switzerland require a full address of the recipient.
As it is stated in the app the recipient is revolut, i had to search their address on the homepage so I could fill out the banks formā€¦ (thatā€™s also something revolut should tell the clients: the full recipient-address)

To add to the address issue: you can just use the bankā€™s postal code: 8070 ZĆ¼rich.
I tested it and it worked

Probably one reason why they stated the full Address :smile:

then just use the bankā€™s full address.
As I already wrote only the recipientā€™s name is needed for the transfer but banks didnā€™t change their form validations ĀÆ\(惄)/ĀÆ

Well I entered Revolutā€™s Address as it can be found no the homepage (i saved the payment as template, so I donā€™t have to search again)ā€¦

And yeah, Raiffeisen still has the fields mandatory, remember my now-gone postfinance, Name was sufficientā€¦

now I have CH IBAN, how can I pass the reference? there is no way to insert reference in postfinance for domestic transfer!

maybe notification lines?
https://www.postfinance.ch/help/desktop/en/efin/ueberweisen/inlandzahlung/inlandzahlungen_chf/iban.html

For the Name I used Revolut Ltd. No adress necessary. The Referece I wrote to Mitteilungszeile 1.

2 Likes