SWITZERLAND - Top-up --> working method = TW, and direct to shared Rev account

also a valid option!

…result is the same: it’s gonna be tight for revolut if they don’t start fullfilling their promises…

Ok, as there’s another competitor named already, let’s make it public:
i was refering to neon free - for within Switzerland, a good account; further development will show how much of a competitor it will be (yet, in combination with transferwise’ card - …revolut needs the CH-IBAN…)

1 Like

How much are you able to top-up with the TW card in one day?

I got the card and tried to top up, but Revolut wouldn’t let me add more than 320 CHF with the card - after that I always got an error message. Support said I had probably reached my daily top up limit but they weren’t sure.

Has anyone else faced this issue?

After 10-14 days of regular top-ups the limit will disappear.

right after adding the TW card I only could top up 250 CHF daily but 2 months later I could top up 1500 CHF and didn’t test any higher amount. No regular top ups in between them.

I can also confirm cash79’s update. Two days ago I’ve sent 300 CHF from UBS via eBanking (assigning all costs to the beneficiary) and today only 295 CHF were received on Revolut. 5 CHF were deducted from the total amount.

Confirmed. I just transferred Oct 31, 400 CHF and saw a 5 CHF fee. I used BEN as normal but the final amount was 5 CHF less (395)

As a matter of facts, oppositely to previous months when no charges applied, CHF 5 were deducted from a CHF 1000 Swift transfer (BEN option) with UBS. The CHF 5 fee has not appeared in the UBS monthly statement (so I assume that the beneficiary bank is responsible for the charge).

As a matter of facts, oppositely to previous months when no charges applied, CHF 5 were deducted from a CHF 1000 Swift transfer (BEN option) with UBS. The CHF 5 fee has not appeared in the UBS monthly statement (so I assume that the beneficiary bank is responsible for the charge).

My last monthly automatic UBS transfer (with BEN option) was charged 5CHF… first time it happens :frowning:

that’s literally what the tool tip tells you when you choose BEN

Are there any charges with outgoing transfers from Revolut to Swiss accounts?

I used to pay some of my bills with Revolut fast transfers, but today when I tried to add a new beneficiary there is a small ( i ) saying that the transfer will be executed with SWIFT therefore the receiving bank might charge for it.

End of last month my rent payment went with a fast transfer, and the full amount arrived.
Do you know if there was any change?

1 Like

I transfer money regularly from Revolut to my UBS account and have never been charged a fee

1 Like

@redecvi, have you done any recently?
I know that last month it was still without any charges for SWIFT, cause my rent payment arrived fully, but I’m not sure if it’s still the case.

Latest one was 500 CHF on 30th October and it was free. But I haven’t done any in November yet. Hope this hasn’t changed!

Have done 10 days ago my first SEPA transfer from a BCV CHF account to the Revolut IBAN as displayed on my EUR account on the app.
All OK with no fees.
Tried a second one today (exactly the same data as before), but BCV does not accept that same IBAN reference anymore; could not transfer funds :frowning:
It only works SEPA one time (from the BCV)?

SEPA only exists for EUR payments, by definition. It cannot apply to CHF payments. So if you use SEPA from a CHF BCV account to a EUR account, the bank will apply its own shitty Forex rate …
I am a BCV customer too, and the only way to fund Revolut directly from this bank without fee is to have EUR sitting on a EUR account.

For CHF payments, only the TW method still works free.

Curious if anyone has hit the 30-day TW top-up limit of 10k GBP (good problem to have). What happens when you hit it? Have you found a way around it?

I have made a transfer this week from a UBS CHF current account to my Revolut CHF account. I specified in my UBS ebanking that the transfer be done in CHF (the other option was GBP because of the IBAN I guess), and that all charges would be paid by the payee. The funds arrived with 24 hours without any deduction on the Revolut side.
Today I did a second transfer from UBS to Revolut, the same way. This time I noticed the following message just before I confirmed by clicking Submit:

Blockquote

Execution as an International payment order . With the cost option “All costs borne by payee”, the charge of CHF 5 will be charged to the payee (additional costs for payments from a UBS savings account) and will be deducted from the amount transferred together with any external costs.

Blockquote

So, I wonder when the payee will have the CHF 5 deducted, if at all. Or if UBS will charge my UBS account as payer. For me, the CHF 5 is peanuts compared to all the fees that I would incur with a normal credit card used abroad. My intention is to use this card in the Euro Zone.

Today Revolut charged me with a fee when I was topping up my account with the TW card. They stated that this is due to the fact that the TW card hasn’t been issued in the EEA. Did that happen to any of you before?
Cheers
Andreas