SWITZERLAND - Top-up --> working method = TW, and direct to shared Rev account

@ the-mike: i agree with you in many points, and yes, when asked “which credit card is still free?” it is not a solution.
But the title is still top-up -> working method.
I was still looking for functioning KK when no local bank transfer was possible.

“EVERYTHING to make its service hard to use in CH”

I cannot entirely agree with you here.
from the beginning of 2017 until the introduction of the CH bank transfer, the use was much more arduous:

• Changing IBAN from LT to GB
  • Changing fees for CHF KK top-ups
    This has calmed down since the introduction of the CS IBAN (except for the no / name / CH story)
  • Easy bank transfer
  • No fee for charging by KK from Revolut.

Seen in this way, revolut has done a lot of things that make it easier for me as a Swiss than in 2017!
Even offering a KK top-up is not really necessary for good service as long as a bank transfer is possible.
In no CH bank can I load my account via KK. As long as the users do not use the pooled account, Revolut does not endeavor to introduce a personal IBAN. Many would continue to KK top up. Only for miles etc.

LG

FYI Cembra is working on it

2 Likes

Apparently Mastercard changed Revolut’s MCC. It was 6012 (Financial institutions merchandise and services) before, and they changed it to 4829 (Wire Transfer - Money Orders).

Waiting for more clarity from Cembra myself.

1 Like

hey guys super news coming from Cembra:

2 Likes

I did a topup with my Cumulus card (Booking 18.02, Payment 19.02) and didn’t pay any fees. Hopefully, that will stay this way :slight_smile:

GREAT NEWS!!!

1 Like

It shouldn’t happen anymore anyway :wink:

…unless they have it changed again in the future :laughing:

Hi, does this technique work with TW business cards? I’m thinking of registering as a sole trader.

Idea for free Swiss topup: TWINT (instantaneous, web-based transfers from partner bank accounts)
Another way would be to get a proper IBAN and not a shared IBAN that requires a lot of validation :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Please Can anyone confirm topup with UBS credit card still free or it charge 1.75% .

I’ve used it last month and it was still free.

I got charged again 1.5% with cumulus credit card on 16.06.2020.

I know, they are aware of the issue and they will rembourse the customers, Cumulus is free again

Great idea!!! the issue here is that Twint requires paying fees to them, I’m not sure Revolut would agree to that

Just got charged as well from Cembra Moneybank for topping up with CHF.

But the ones after 15.06 were for free, right?

Btw, what’s up with those 99.99 top-ups and not 100.00? :slight_smile:

Just received my monthly Cembra Cumulus statement. I made 2 two CHF topups on 18.6 and 23.6. Both were without additional charge from Cembra.

I just found a charge over 8.50 CHF on my Cembra statement. I have not made any topup with that amount. And strangely the description of the charge is as follows:
“RevolutRevolut Internet CHE"
while regular topups are shown as: "Revolut**xxxx
revolut.com GBR”
I’ve called cembra money bank and they said its not a fee, they have no fees with Revolut at this point. And they offered me to do a charge back, but it would cost me 80.- CHF if it turns out to be a legit transaction. Revolut itself said they don’t see any transaction on my account of that amount.
Any idea what this could be?

Hi

I have serious troubles with TOP UP on Revolut.

The Reference number as required by Revolut isn’t accepted by my e-Banking (PostFinance).
I’ve inserted as follows: “Ref.-Number, my Name, CH”…
Therefor I had to leave the Reference blank…

Do you have any suggestions?

Never had problem use same bank as you… :sweat_smile:

“number, surname name, CH”