SWITZERLAND - Top-up --> working method = TW, and direct to shared Rev account

I am just testing this with Viseca. Unfortunately this test takes 2 days :wink:

My last test with fees was February 12th 2019

Here we go. Still 1.75% percent fees on Viseca. Sorry marcolino81. The fees are fact and no disinformation! At least Corner and Viseca do have fees. I don’t know whether the PostFinance CC still has. I don’t own one to test this.

1 Like

I’ve topped up my Revolut several times whilst on vacations with my PostFinance MasterCard (prepaid) and there were no fees. I have no information about the behaviour with a non-prepaid card.

1 Like

The Swisscard “Cashback” Card (it is a postpaid card) doesn’t charge any fee

I have topped up today using my PostFinance Visa Classic and I confirm : no fees.
I will check at the end of the month if I get the 0.3% cashback from PostFinance for the transaction.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

sorry if it’s OT, but I just ordered my new Revolut card and topped-up my account with 10.- just to try it (with Postfinance Master Card). Now I’d like to top-up 250.- to use it with Apple Pay but it says my top-up limit is CHF 250.-/PER YEAR which makes no sense since we all probably use it more than that. When I try to top-up it says I have to verify my account to lift my limits but I already did that and received all the confirmation. Any ideas? I would close my account if that is the limit, I would like to use it as first method of payment so I don’t have to carry any other cards anymore. Thank you!

That’s great, thanks for the confirmation :+1:

I think your identity has not been confirmed yet. This is the normal procedure to be compliant with the anti money laundering law.

Once you will have your identity confirmed, you will have no limits

so just to recap:

0% fees on top ups with:

• ubs credit cards
  • migros credit card
  • postfinance credit card
  • all cards emitted by Swisscards

up to 3% fees with other swiss cards

1 Like

on top of what marcolino81 said: newly added card have a low daily limit that increases over time.

1 Like

Im allways topping up my :r: from my “Credit Suisse” bank account. It was allways possible to send money from your “CS Iban” to “:r: CS Iban” on Saturday night and after midnight, Sunday at 1am it was allready on your :r: last few weeks its not possible anymore :frowning: …now you can send only between monday and friday within business hours…ofc, you can allways top up with credit card…but… :frowning:

An update to my previous post. I checked my PostFinance statement today and I confirm that you also get the 0.3% cashback from PostFinance when using the PostFinance Visa Classic to top-up the Revolut account.

A little update for those, who - like me - gotten the notification about the changes a little too late:

REVOLUT MADE SOME CHANGES FOR THE CREDIT-SUISSE TOP-UP

Apparently, the reference-number is no longer sufficient. Now, the reference-details must contain:
1st line: 8 digit ref-number, followed by a comma (!)
2nd line: your first and last name as they appear on the ID/passport, followed by a comma (!)
3rd line: your country of origin.

Each in a separate line, separated by a comma (and nothing else than a comma!) . Best to check the details as shown in the app.

Apparently, judging from the rejected payment I entered yesterday, the changes have been made without a transition time. Well thanks :r:, at least i got some days until the failed top-up is needed, but still…

(It’s not like the payers details aren’t transmitted with each payment or something!? Edit: I seriously am annoyed, sry. At least give us a warning BEFORE making changes that will lead to rejected top-ups!)

6 Likes

In addition to this the details in the app were adjusted (already looking forward to failed transfers due to umlauts).
It just sucks when you do regular transfers and have not seen the change because of the missing notification in the app.

1 Like

At least they are shown correctly in the app. I’ll try with a small amount soon…

Thanks a lot for the warning.

@Revolut: failed communication once again…

heads up for neon users: the app (android) will not accept line breaks.
I am testing if it works without them but still separated by commas

1 Like

More like failed banking basics once again.

Which is easy for Revolut to do but actually incorrect as the bank transfer does not support these characters.

Unsurprisingly my first test transfer without line breaks failed. (parsing comma separated values is SO hard)

Did it bounce correclty to your account? My first transfer with the three lines, the first two ending with coma and my name with umlaut failed (app popup this morning regarding rejected transfer, but I could not read it and I can’t find it in the app. Support does not know anything.,…).
Curious how this ends… and annoying!