SWITZERLAND - Top-up -- with TW, and directly to a pooled Revolut account

https://community.fintechtalk.co.uk/t/revolut-swiss-ibans-are-here/743?u=recchan

Thanks for finally introducing local Swiss IBAN’s @Revolut

All that’s left now is an agreement to get us personal bank details! Then we don’t have to pay fees and we can have salary paid into the account

2 Likes

CH IBAN is available from today! Check your account details. Byebye transferwise :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

7 Likes

the perfect christmas gift :smiley:

2 Likes

I can confirm that it is available not only for CH citizens, and I can see that it is pooled account. I am curious if anyone can send me a transfer locally or only I can do it.

1 Like

the TW card is still a good backup if prepaid cards are not accepted

1 Like

@kylo32 I’m also not Swiss resident :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: should have mentioned that!

Yep, pooled account from Credit Suisse available…

(now i understand why it took so long… :r went to the second “2big2fail”-bank that has no interest in competition… my bet: raiffeisen or one of the smallers would have LOVED a partnership with personal CH-IBAN :wink:

There’s still some lost trust to make up. Because there was no announcement YET AGAIN. They change the system all the time and never tell their customers… Seriously!? That’s like having an account with UBS!

4 Likes

I think they should have a little in-app notification like they did for the free card, when you’re back can you pass this on to whoever is going to implement this @AndreasK

4 Likes

Hi all,
I recently topped up my revolut card via my ubs visa card. I did this using the revolut app. It seems like I did not pay any fees. Can anyone confim this please ?

I just tried with my UBS PrePaid card (MasterCard) and I could top up without any fee too !

yes we are discussing this since last week, when I have announced that as the 1st of february it will be free to topup with swiss credit cards for swiss residents

Great, thank you for your confirmation !

Why does it matter if you are a Swiss resident or not?

i think that’s because they changed the T&C , if you are a swiss resident the rules applied are different because Swiss does not belong to EEA. And if you are a swiss resident you can now topup with a swiss card without fees but you pay a fee if you are using an EEA card. And, i’m not sure about that, the opposite too

1 Like

i confirm no fees with all UBS cards, even after 7 days from the transaction

1 Like

That is good news for Swiss customers.

I’m sure that’s just a matter of time.
The first transactions to TW were also without fees and has changed … as well with boon.
But currently there are no fees to Revolut, I can confirm that.

Obviously worked also with no fees with my Miles&More MasterCard :slight_smile:

Hello,

I also confirm that there are no fees applied with UBS Visa & Mastercard.

I tried to do a money transfer directly from my e-banking, using my personal account.

I used the “local” (domestic) option from the R app, which provides a CH iban.

My concern is, that when I typed the iban in order to do the payment from UBS e-banking, in the new mask, there was only a field “Beneficiary” which according to the R app instructions I had to fill in with “REVOLUT LTD, LONDON, UK”. Where should I add the “Reference” number which is mentioned in the R app? I just added it at the end of the “Beneficiary” field. So it looks like this now "“REVOLUT LTD, LONDON, UK 6549321” (random number).

I am not sure if I did it correctly. Anyone who can answer that or knows which is the right way to do it?

I hope I will see the amount in my card soon.

Thank you,
Theo

When paying any bill, where would you put in the bill number or the text that helps the recipient to allocate your payment? This is where the Referecne no. goes!

Most likely, Revolut won’t be able to add the funds to your count now. But they can allocate the funds manually once they have reached the pooled account. Just provide them a receipt for your transfer, showing the outgoing account details, amount, et cetera.