SWITZERLAND - Top-up -- with TW, and directly to a pooled Revolut account

Amazed to see the free transfer from UBS actually works! Great, thanks for the tip!

Can you give step by step guide how you make payment from UBS to revolute?

When on revolute I press top up -> bank transfer -> SWIFT, I see that the account is in EUR.
Will it really transfer in CHF? And how much is the fee?

You need to select CHF first. There is more than one way to find the CHF SWIFT details. Here is one: more, profile, account details, CHF.

This is for transferring CHF from your UBS CHF bank account to your (pooled) Revolut CHF account (open one in the app if you donā€™t have one). By choosing ā€˜fees paid by beneficiaryā€™, your transfer will be free, from what I can make out so farā€¦

ā€¦ the receiving (pooled) account is in CHF and youā€™ll be credited in CHF ā€¦

Thank you for this nice summary!
I just tried method 1 and it worked to a certain extent: for some reason I cannot go past the Ā£250 daily limit. I did change the limits on the TW iOS app but I still get that error.
Anyone experienced the same issue?

This is a usual daily limit imposed by Revolut on newly added cards (security reasons).
After around 2 weeks of regular top-ups with the new card, the limit will disappear.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks!

1 Like

Based on

Iā€™d guess the corner is at this point somewhere between September and December.

:disappointed_relieved::weary:

Or maybe we should all move to TransferWiseā€¦

2 Likes

Problem being that Transferwise doesnā€™t have Swiss IBAN ready either. Will be interesting to see who will make the race.

EDIT: I mean they donā€™t have a personal IBAN yet. They do have a CHFR IBAN in place for transfers without fees. Thanks to @defx81for clarifying :slight_smile:

Sure they haveā€¦ Not a personal one but at least a generic swiss one where you can send your funds free of cost.

Yes thatā€™s right. I meant a personal IBAN. I agree my comment was not clear enough.

So, I opened a TransferWise account because I believed that was the best and easiest way to top up Revolut, I sent the money and documents and the day after I got my account deactivated and they didnā€™t answer yet at my emails that I asked why it happened.
Some days ago I opened a CurrencyFair account to use the other way, I sent my documents and I sent the money from my BCGE Swiss account to CurrencyFair and then to my Revolut account Swiss account. I got today an email and they told me that the purpose of the site is to exchange money and not just to transfer them so, if Iā€™ll do the same next time they will refuse to transfer my money.
Thatā€™s it, I donā€™t know then how to put Swiss Francs on my Revolut Card.

So I tried a top up from my UBS account aswell and the full amount of 1000chf arrived on revolut (and that quite quickly, already the day after). You have to make sure its a SWIFT transfer in CHF to the CHF IBAN of revolut and that the setup is correct. Most important to set the option no conversion to GBP (which is set as standard) and all fees to the receiver.

It looks like revolut is paying those fees from UBS. Maybe because they donā€™t wanna lose all swiss customers before they provide swiss IBANā€™s? :wink:

I tried the same, but from my Valiant bank account. Didnā€™t work out, I was charged CHF 30 for the CHF 7ā€™500 which I transferred. Going for the TransferWise option nowā€¦ for a first impression see here: TransferWise vs. Revolut: The Swiss experience

I confirm : no fees with UBS

But the reason behind that is that Revolut signed a contract with UBS to be its intermediary bank for CHF transfers ( information found on this forum )

Iā€™m not sure that UBS SWIFT transfers are free - there is usually a 5CHF fee for each SWIFT transfer. The fees are charged at the end of the month - check your end of month statementā€¦

Not when you choose all fees to recipient option :wink:

1 Like

Hi guys :slight_smile:

A question for all Swiss cititzen: Do you also have the problem that you cannot have a unique UK local current account?

best regards

Gabriel