SWITZERLAND - Top-up --> working method = TW, and direct to shared Rev account

I just tried with my revolut multicurrency business IBAN (GBxx REVO 0099 ...) and it was also rejected!!

Interestingly they only ask for IBAN, so it’s not a SWIFT transfer. domestic only?

It looks like only local IBANs (CHxx xxxx …) are accepted for transfers in CHF now.

Yes, i saw it. I asked by replying to karol message from yesterday, don’t know why it repeats twice

Hi, how can we help? | Wise Help Centre confirms that.

I’m trying to convince them to bring the BIC field back and remove this stupid constraint because I do need to transfer CHF to a supplier with CHF account at DBS HK

SWIFT transfers from a Raiffeisen bank account are cheaper than with most other banks. I paid CHF 3.- in fees for a CHF 2’500.- transfer to Revolut. (This was from an account with the “Liestal-Oberbaselbiet” Raiffeisen cooperative.)

2 Likes

Anybody transferred USD from Switzerland to Revolut yet? What are the additional charges? (I’m with Swissquote)

This will go as SWIFT, so I suppose there will be charges.
The best chance would be to try transferring from UBS with a BEN payment option, and hoping that the transfer’s route is like for CHF, with no charges.
(just guessing, never done a transfer like that)

What the f…

Question is, does this refer to individual CH IBANs for Revolut users or a common top-up account? If the former took a while it would be still somewhat okay, if the latter is suddenly called into question it would be a major surprise (well, maybe not so much but theoretically :wink: )

…the way it looks, i think Revolut will seize to exist soon:
more and more issues causing the clients to call for an ombudsman-decission, banking-license not aquired yet, neither did they land in the states, and the CH-IBAN (no matter if individual IBAN or a top-up-account in CH) even CLOSE to be around the corner.

…I’m not too happy with the developments.

Me too. I wouldnt go as far as saying “seize to exist soon” yet but support on the chat hasnt improved whereas community support here definitely got worse.

I am getting seriusly worried after the intermediary in USA they gave me for transfers to REVOGB2L refused to receive the payment and 4 days after the bounce there is still no alternative.

Sorry if I intervene in this topic, but I’m interested to the development because I’ll move from EU to Switzerland soon.

Before the entry into force of the EU directive DSP2, topping-up my account with Revolut wasn’t free, they took a little commission with all my credit cards.

I discovered now, thanks to a friend, that the topup is free with my Visas (ING belgium and Carrefour Bank). I checked also in the FAQ and they wrote:

Topping up via debit or credit card in GBP, EUR, USD, PLN, DKK, SEK, NOK, RON, and CHF is completely free.

If you top up with a card that was not issued within the European Economic Area (a US-issued card for example) or with a commercial card, we may charge you a small fee to cover our costs. In these cases, it might be cheaper for you to top up by bank transfer .

So I’m wondering: did you try recently with a swiss credit card to check if you are charged with a fee or not? I don’t have (yet) a swiss card to try.

Still fees, 1.84% for Cumulus Mastercard.

@marcolino81
…are you refering to Transferwise or Revolut?

Bc. with Revolut, topping up with Cards issued in Switzerland isn’t free at all.
for Transferwise, Visa-Topups shall be free, but other cards have a topup-fee. But you can top it up via CHF-Banc-Transfer without fees.

When you move to Switzerland, revolut is no good alternative to replace a banc-account (sry revolut - it is what it is) try to get an account at Postfinance - if your balance is over 7500 CHF, you don’t have management-fees; advantage PF: no SEPA-fees (yet: transferwise is a good option for transfering money abroad). As an alternative: go to the local Raiffeisen-Banc, get a membership (depending on the banc, approx 200 francs), and you’ll get a fee-free “member-account” (but fees for SEPA)…

Blockquote Still fees, 1.84% for Cumulus Mastercard.

what a pity, I thought that, given the fact they removed the fees for most of the cards in EU, they did apply the same for CH

shitty comment…
please better to say nothing ok

Well, it is true, Swiss incomes are on average two to three times of other European salaries. It is also true, many things are equally more expensive but a) not all, many are equally priced or even cheaper and b) what you can save is logically more than elsewhere.

So, if you want to put it in a simplified way “the Swiss*) are rich(er)” :wink:

*) Not “the Swiss”, but people with a Swiss salary, particularly if they reside outside Switzerland

1 Like

Well, I don’t want to debate about this. Some people are rich here, but some don’t have enough money at the end of the month. If you both live here you know how it goes in CH, if not, don’t forget to take in consideration everything when living here :wink:
Then I just wanted to say this comment has no place to be in here, I know it was kind of joke but anyway, it was free, wrong and useless :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course you always have poverty. In Switzerland too, but that does not change the fact the average Swiss resident has a way higher disposable income than people in other parts of Europe.