switch from your bank to Revolut

what kind of features will determine you to switch from your regular bank to :r:?

for myself will be:

1 personal USD account
2. three physical cards and posibility to choose Visa and Mastercard, not random issuance
3. joint account with partner, cards for kids
4. increased free cash withdrawal limits ie. double than existing
5. interest on vault deposits
6. shares market

until then i have to use :r: in combination with 2 regular banks and Transferwise.

A retail bank will never be able to provide sufficient returns on deposits.

To get a return from your cash, you will have to put it in the market (and as such, at risk), into equities, funds and other securities.

I have a very different list of requirements!

1. Direct Debit in the UK
  2. Banking licence for deposit protection
  3. Savings account or interest on vaults or integration with other wealth products
  4. Cashback/rewards on card payments
  5. Integration with Google Pay

Spot on :+1:…

more to add:

• personal iban account in base currency
  • direct debit in base currency
  • free unlimited cash withdrawal in base curency

this will probably require partnership with a local bank that already offer such things

What @Platin wrote - and more :sunglasses: :wink:

I am already using :r: as my daily bank and I am very happy :smile:

What’s missing for me is the following :

• Banking licence
  • CHF IBAN
  • Official joint account
  • Credit card ( mainly for unmanned petrol station, Applestore, car rent…)
  • At least 4 cards ( 2 adults + 2 for the kids )
  • Better support ( even if I never have to complain about it myself )

(Swiss specific)

How are you paying the Orange Payment Slips? Is there any way?
I could live without CHF IBAN for the moment, but haven’t found a way for Orange Payment Slips.

AFAIK, the BVR will be obsolete in January 2019 --> QRCode instead

@giraudsa

a little OT, but I don’t think the QR-Code will work out well, as there are too many people NOT paying bills with their smartphones (i’m one of 'em. Smartfons are great, but in finances, i need some reliable way to proof (!) me having paid something. Eg. by having the stamp in the “Empfangsscheinbuch” (the post-booklet to store all the payment-slip infos in)…

Also - if there’s no way to scan the QR-Code, what shall one do? (think of the elderly: are they now forced using a smartphone? Or are those doing online-banking on a computer have the obligation of using a webcam now?)

…doing payments (orange/red payment slips, or others) is crucial - SEPA shall be supported by revolut (when allowing access to the contacts), but it’s no use, especially in switzerland (who stores all the companys he gets invoices in the contact-list)…

I would love to switch from NatWest.

They need to get the banking license sorted ASAP.