Swiss Users Beware Metal

Just complained to the Ombudsman in the UK. I will keep you guys up to date. In case you have already formally complained with Revolut and they have not provided a satisfactory outcome for you you can use this link to make the next step https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

4 Likes

This is certainly the correct way to go. Perhaps @anon33247966 could smooth the waters with maybe a discounted metal offering or a cancelled plan for the people who have been mistreated by Revolut in these regards.

Financial Ombudsman doesn’t come cheap, so it’s probably worth the investment.

They have refunded me one month of the Metal fee without me asking for it. However that 15,99 CHF is only a fraction of what the insurance would have reimbursed when my baggage was delayed for more than 4 hours… Bad communication on revolut side and instead of adding coverage for Swiss users they decide to remove the features altogether and don’t tell anyone…

I don’t think it’s too simple to suddenly insure people but yeah I agree this was handled badly. They should have honoured any outstanding insurance claims and given people an option to break the contract without any cost to them.

On top of this, they should have offered a token reduction of price to Swiss users, maybe 20% off the total price, if not more (the insurance was quite a large part of the offering after all)

2 Likes

Sorry, but all of that is blowing the issue out of proportion :roll_eyes:

What are you talking about

1 Like

You are entitled to your own opinion I understand but if you don’t like the discussion why not just ignore it?

It is not about disliking the discussion per se, I simply believe a few of the statements here are gross exaggerations. I think that should be possible on a public forum :slight_smile:

Everyone makes mistakes and we learn from them. Revolut is not excluded from this practise. I would first offer them to settle this “dispute” without lawyers (which usually costs money, both sides) by paying you the damage you have had. Sent them a registered letter ( recommandé / Einschreiben ) with what happened and a copy of all documents you have. State clearly but friendly your fair claim and when (specific date / deadline) you expect the damage (eg. hospital or doctors bill) to be paid to you. Also provide your bank account or offer to be paid to your Revolut.

Also I would love to see a prospering and learning Revolut. Not drowned by lawsuits. I think it is also our Swiss mindset that is about primarily searching for a solution that works for all sides.

It is a good first step that feedback was provided here and Revolut removed the false advertising.

5 Likes

Hi again, just wanted to provide a quick update on this topic. So far I have received two emails from the financial ombudsman in the UK. We are now at the stage were they have asked Revolut to comment on this topic and I am currently waiting for that.

5 Likes

@sspreitzer, there’s no need for to spend any money on this, either for legal representation or expensive postage options. As others have discussed above, because Revolut is based in the UK, a complaint can be made to the Financial Ombudsman Service, who will adjudicate (after Revolut’s complaints procedure has proved fruitless). The cost to the complainant is always zero, but the cost to the business, i.e. Revolut, is GBP 550 per complaint (after the first 25 cases per year which are free).

1 Like

Just a few seconds ago I realized the same. Had a chat with the support and they told me that for Swiss users both insurance options (devise 20% off, travel overseas) are not eligible.

Those options were main reasons to step into metal. I am still a revolt fan but these options showed up when I signed up for metal (Swiss user account)
i expect a Solution for this case. Because I recommended the app to at least 12-15 friends out of the insurance Reason and pay 160 bucks per year with the expectation to be insured via revolut in those mentioned cases. Now just removing those options without any note to Swiss users?! Not what revolut stands for me. Transparency, simplification and nice use cases in insurance and krypto.

Thanks that you guys take note on this.

3 Likes

Interesting and sounds like a good option to go. I wish Revolut would be more compromising and transparent about the learnings.

Maybe it would make sense to have something official for that, open for everyone to see:

• This is what happened
  • This is what we learned
  • This is what we did to make Revolut better
3 Likes

If I were you I would follow suit. You can file your formal complaint with Revolut here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5XTPCJV

They will probably reimburse your one month fee of the metal plan. However if you are not happy with it you can then complain here: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk (for free)

3 Likes

I am very happy about Revolut and will not complain even when I could.

The reason why:

• My Swiss bank charged me 2* 40 CHF yearly for having a CHF and EUR maestro card
  • Revolut saved me 100 CHF converting CHF into EUR for a payment I had to make (in comparison to my banks exchange rate)

The 160 CHF/year Revolut subscription already payed off for me, not even speaking about insurances.

3 Likes

Insurances are not included in Premium/Metal for Swiss-based users :wink:

1 Like

Dunno…for now im not going to complain, because im hoping that insurance is coming this year, before summer…but thanks for that links :+1:

As a former PR rep this is just painful to watch. What could’ve been easily de-escalated by Revolut initially now leads to involving the ombudsman. Clearly blown out of proportion, so not necessary at all. =(

2 Likes

Yes, welcome and good morning Karol ^^

Anything at all they do PR-/communication-wise that is not painful to watch?

1 Like