Swiss transfer CHF to Revolut 25CHF fees

Hi,
I’m currently working and living in Switzerland.
For months, I have been using this app to transfer money from CHF to EUR.
Because it’s a SWIFT transfer, my Swiss bank takes 6CHF, regardless the amount. And that’s all.
Right now, for no reason, no communication, and no changes, my bank still takes 6CHF … But Revolut (or the Lloyd, as they say) took 25CHF on top of this 6CHF, meaning that it cost 31CHF for each transfer from a Swiss bank to Revolut. That’s a proper scam.
Before, it was for free. No fees.
Then 25CHF. What’s next ?! 100CHF per transfer? 200?
I asked the question; here the answer :
“I am not able to answer this question, Maxime. I am really sorry. As banks are not always transparent about their fees, unfortunately, we cannot provide a conclusive amount that you could be charged.”

So, next transfer … surprise ?!
So disappointed.

This will get fixed once they finally introduce the Swiss IBANs, which they have teased us with since ages. Until then use TransferWise Mastercard to load money onto Revolut. See here for more infos: SWITZERLAND - Most cost-efficient top-up methods (update: April 2018)

The longer they wait with Swiss IBANs the more customers will get acquainted with their competitor TransferWise…

Hello @Maxou64 :wave:

It seems that your question is about an incoming transfer to your personal account.

Please rest assured that Revolut does not charge for such transfers, however, as with any SWIFT transfer, the charge may be taken by any intermediary banks or payment processors, as well as originating and beneficiary banks.

To help eliminate any extra costs, it’s also important to check if you’re sending the correct currency to correct account details. For example, sending EUR to a USD account will result in currency conversion on the beneficiary bank’s end, which may mean that you’ll receive a smaller transfer amount than anticipated.

If you have any questions on how to make a successful bank transfer and save funds, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our in-app support team.

Kind regards,
Olga

Hello Olga
I’m sending CHF to my Revolut CHF account.
It’s not a “personal account” issue.
My co-worker are using Revolut. They were transferring CHF to there CHF revolut account with no fee (except the 6CHF) for months.
Now, they face the same problem: this 25CHF fees.
We process the same transfers with the same settings. Until now, we had no problem. And here we are now : An extra 25CHF.

Thanks Thaek. We will probably use transfrrwise from now.

I had the same problem today with the 25chf of fees and received the same copy/paste answer as you. It doesn’t help. Called my bank in CH , called the Lloyd in UK. No one could help me and give me a clear answer. For sure I am going to have a look on TW

@Maxou64 I will send you a DM to confirm more details!

@olga_revolut I’m working in Swiss and leaving in France. Could you send me a DM too?

hello, I have the same problem. living in Switzerland I sent money to my revolt account (from CHF to CHF) via SWIFT transfer. My bank charged me 2CHF (fixed fee), but I got 6 CHF less to my revolut account. Why is this extra charge? No-one from revolt or my bank could give me any answer. @olga_revolut could you explain an extra charge ?

SWIFT

twentytwentytwenty