Swiss Customer looses 30kCHF

Well, I did fall for it. The link I got via SMS was revolutapp.co.uk/login. I even googled it to see if it was a scam or fraud, and googled “revolut login” and was shown this very domain as one of the first results (bookmarks and printscreens as proof). Luckily, my account got blocked almost instantly and no money was charged on my credit card. After reading this, I’m trying to get ahold of support staff to help me unblock my account for hours now in the in-app chat. So far, no answer.

2 Likes

All these neo-banking apps are being targeted. A very similar case is happening with bunq users - they get a SMS saying they need to unblock their account, people go to the link and it’s obviously a fake login screen.

I’ve also seen phishing with the payment links - they get one of your contacts, and send a fake payment link that looks like the actual payment link from this contact but the transfer in the end goes to another account.

2 Likes

I was one of the customers being targeted with this Phishing attempt.
After reading this thread, I decide to take the following measures

• remove linked credit card for and use just bank transfer for topups
  • deactivate contact authorization, so I’m not in anybody’s account listed as Revolut user
  • set a limit for each credit card
  • keep the amount of money as low as possible

These are only my personal measures and are not to be understood as recommendations.

What are your actions?

2 Likes

sadly it doesn’t work like this.
If your number is in a person’s contact list you will show up as a :r: user no matter if you gave permission to your contact list or not.

2 Likes

I use vaults because it allows to separate money in two parts: one which is accessble from cards and one which is not. When I need more money I simply release more money from the vault. For my physical cards I have deactivated magnatic band and online transactions. I have set limits to my virtual cards and I use only disposable cards to pay on the internet.

2 Likes

I can confirm this (not happy with this). :neutral_face:

3 Likes

That privacy option would be a good one, but keep in mind you’re mixing concepts.

Allowing the share of your contact list is not intended to enable/avoid your status as :r: user for other people, but the opposite.

You’re not enabling your own status to others but the status of your contacts in your own listing so you can see who can receive your payments/requests.

ah right - I remember reading in the community that this has been criticized.

i even linked it in this thread

Yes indeed. If revolut is going to reimburse them seems like it was a real problem from my point of view.

Google Authenticator has been requested since 2018. Instead, we’re getting dark mode. #priorities

1 Like