Suspicious transaction freezes card but no information in app on what the transaction was

hi,

I’m a bit stuck with the app right now, and have not received any response from the ‘live agent’.

basically woke up today with 2 notifications:

1. that there was a suspicious transaction and my card had been frozen
  2. that my account was down to zero

Logged into app to investigate. The card is frozen until I un-freeze, but there is no information about the suspicious transaction and my account is not at zero.

So I’m not sure what my options are here. If I unfreeze does that approve the ‘suspicious transaction’? No transactions were made last night that would put me to zero. Or maybe something slipped my mind, but I can’t be sure if I can’t see the details.

anyone had something like this happen?

much obliged,

I did have an Amazon transaction blocked the other day, but it was legit (I was buying something) so I simply unlocked the card, told amazon to attempt paying with the same card, and that was it.
I could see the transaction in my Revolut account as blocked.

Did you check all currencies? Maybe the blocked transaction was in a currency you don’t use often and it slipped your mind?

1 Like

hi,

Thanks for that advice. I switched to check Eur and saw some detail. however, the only transaction was from 4-5 days before the card was frozen. The transaction itself did not go through because the business did not accept the card. So this may be it but, for one, the payment was rejected by the merchant; and, if this was genuine case of fraud, 4-5 days delay before notifying me of suspicious activity and freezing the card is a bit concerning.

Would still like to hear from Rev themselves about this issue, just for some peace of mind. Might consider keeping the card frozen if I can’t get reassurance to what the exact issue is.

Thanks again, I did need some help to navigate

Poke @anon33247966 for more help :slight_smile:

What kind of notification do you get? Is it a standard Android notification or is it one of the pop-up messages from within the app itself?

Reason I ask is that yesterday I found my card frozen but didn’t understand why. I figured maybe I pressed the freeze button by mistake and didn’t notice, but now I’m worried that I should be checking all my transactions.

It was a standard Android notification. I clicked on it and it opened the blocked transaction directly inside the app.

I am currently travelling in Iceland and used a self service petrol station, my card was frozen due to suspicious activity as the payment didnt match my location. When I go to the app it tells me to review the suspicious activity in order to unlock my card, but nothing happens, just a constant loading screen. There are several of us travelling that had a shared vault, of which I am seemingly in control of, and nobody else can access, so in other words, Revolut is beyond useless to me right now. Any idea of a fix or how can I verify myself? The Rita bot does literally nothing?

My card is frozen due to a suspicious transaction but won’t let me review this transaction so I have no way of unfreezing my card ?

has this been resolved? I have the same issue with seemingly no solution

I’m also in the same situation. Travelling. Card frozen due to suspicious activity. Can’t unfreeze. Can’t see the transaction. The phone number doesn’t connect. Stuck and in transit. Any ideas or suggestions? All gratefully received.

Hello All,

While paying at a highway gate in Italy, my card was denied, so I made the payment with my bank (debit) card instead. Later that day, I saw the Revolut notification that my card is frozen, due to a “suspicious” transaction, and the amount I paid at the gate was indicated.
So, what if I hit “YES” to the question; “did you make this transaction?” Will the payment be completed, even if I have already paid at the gate with my other card?

Thanks in advance!
Matyas

No, the payment won’t be completed. It was already declined.

3 Likes

Thanks Frank!
Much appreciated!

You’re welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi today morning I woke up in my bed in UK, All England is lock down, airlines are not going anywhere. So how i received notification from Revolut that I paid 20us dollars in San Juan, Puerto Rico? How even Revolut let that happen? I froze my card and will wait what next, because I do not know what’s gonna happen next, no info was given for me…

I had a good transaction flagged as suspicious. On the app, I could see “Suspicious Transaction”, and YES/NO. I took it as a question, wanting to answer “NO”, in the sense “This is not suspicious, I wanted this transaction”, the confirm message was all about cancelling the card. So I cancelled in order to answer “YES”. Dear Revolut, please word differently this question so that the question sound more like “Did you wanted to do this transaction?”. Thanks

I have the exact same issue

I got a “Suspicious Transaction” alert, and they lock my card but I can’t unlock because when I tap on “Review Transaction” button, the app is crashes and on the app.revolut.com website I got this message “Error Something went wrong” when I click Yes or No on the Suspicious Transaction. I reinstalled the app and the whole device, tried in different broweser. I can’t use my card and my money.

1 Like

ho lo stesso problema da 2 giorni!!!
a quanto vedo siamo in tanti…credo che qualcosa debba essere migliorato!!!

ho lo stesso problema da 2 giorni e non mi fa scongelare la carta!!!
la chat in app è la cosa più inutile al mondo!!!
voglio i miei soldi!!!