Support Taiwan dollar

Hi Revolut,

Nowadays, there are more and more Taiwanese in the UK, Europe, AU and USA. A lot Westerner also travel to Taiwan as well.

I’ve been your user for over a year. I really like this card and hoped more Taiwanese people can join Revolut. So I wrote an article on my facebook pages and my travel blog about Revolut and tell Taiwanese people how to use it.

Guess what? Many Taiwanese interested in this card so I helped them to get involved when they have problems with registering etc.

Sadly, Revolut has not supported Taiwan dollar and not EU unable to join.

Hope non-EU people can join Revolut with the passport number and support Taiwan dollars to make traveler easier

Chloe

11 Likes

Hi @chloethhsu,

Thank you for your time & your support.

We’re currently focusing services in the EEA, however, we’re expecting this to be temporary as we’re working on our global expansion. We’ll be heading to Asia and North America first, by 2018!

TWD is a supported currency. You can’t yet exchange or receive TWD within the app, but you can load card in GBP & spend in Taiwan with the interbank exchange rate :ok_hand:t2:

Best,

Andreas K.

3 Likes

Hi,
Has there been any update regarding Taiwan dollars?

Can I withdraw Taiwan dollars for free in Taiwan?
Or if I load Taiwan dollars in my card, can I pay with it for free or do the interbank exchange rates still apply?

I am thinking of using Revolut to receive my salary, which is in GBP, and then either use the card or withdraw money here in Taiwan.

2 Likes

hi,

Any news regarding TWD ?

Can I withdraw Taiwan Euro for free in Taiwan?

1 Like

Hi @anon33247966,

When can we expect to exchange TWD within the app?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Jen

2 Likes

I support this idea, I would like to have a TWD account as well.
Thank you.

2 Likes

I would like to have a TWD account too.

2 Likes

+1 to Taiwan dollar holding support!

Or at least allow inbound NTD payment and convert once received?

I could than refer a dozen of my friends and family to use Reolut :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for taiwan dollar holding support.

I do a lot of purchases on taiwanese websites and it would be good if I could convert and hold in NTD when the rates are good or at least avoid weekend conversion rates.

1 Like

+1 and additionally would like to support Taiwanese credit cards, as they are blocked at the moment

1 Like

+1 TWD would be really really appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome back to our community @Enlighten594. I truly appreciate your feedback. We are constantly trying to streamline our products. More currencies are coming, so stay tuned! :rocket:

@Shiru @eyes1997 @samkchang @GeekYoLife @Jenjen Welcome to our community. :r:

SG | Community Team

If anyone agrees with this idea, please click the vote to upvote for this thread first.

Example screenshot here,

1 Like

Wow, thank you so much @SametDoi. :star_struck:

You made our work easier than ever. Take love. :heart_decoration:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Oh really? My pleasure :slight_smile:

But because there is no like button in the first thread, maybe it’s disabled permission?

1 Like

New Revolut user. Just joined in April. I joined thinking I could hold TWD in my Revolut account and was disapointed that I couldn’t. So I did a Google search and found this. +1 to TWD Account support!

1 Like

Hello @jayjayel :wave: ,

Welcome to our Community. Sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations for TWD currency holding. However, with Revolut, you can hold and exchange multiple currencies:

AED, AUD, BGN, CAD, CHF, CLP, COP, CZK, DKK, EGP, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, ILS, INR, ISK, JPY, KRW, KZT, MAD, MXN, NOK, NZD, PHP, PLN, QAR, RON, RSD, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, ZAR. :moneybag:

More currencies are coming, so stay tuned! :r:

SG | Community Team

+1 TWD in-app balance support

1 Like

Hello @semigor :wave: ,

Welcome back to our Community. Thanks for sharing your feedback! We’ve passed it on to our team and they’re looking into it. Keep an eye out for updates. :rocket:

SG | Community Team