Student marketing

I have the impression that most students are not aware of hidden FX banking fees. They use bank transfers simply because (a) they don’t know that it is expensive and (b) they don’t know the alternatives. Since students are an interesting market segment for Revolut, I’d suggest to introduce a campus ambassador program. This could be an effective marketing campaign to sign up lots of customers who will use their cards on a daily basis.

5 Likes

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for your suggestion. I agree, that’s a really good idea.

We’ll take it into a serious consideration.

Best,

Andreas

2 Likes

Hey @christopher - thanks for your interest in Revolut. This is a cool idea and one we’re currently exploring. Are you currently a student who might be interested in participating in an ambassador program?

Hey @grace - thanks for reaching out to me. I am a student at the University of St.Gallen in Switzerland. I might not have the time to manage the program but I can definitely help you design it and find someone to operate it. I’ll contact you via email

any updates on the above?

You should get in touch with international student organizations like BEST, AIESEC, AEGEE, Bonding, Erasmus Student Network (all of them cover mostly European universities and internationally mobile university students)

Definitely something Revolut should look into. I am a student based in London. Revolut should also consider the international element of students as well (international students) as they provide a unique way of marketing, considering their high level of mobility between various jurisdictions.

3 Likes

Hi Andreas
I’m the vice president of ESN (Erasmus Student Network) Winterthur & Wädenswil and I am looking for other options for handling money.
I am privately using Revolut and think it’s awesome and it would be an awesome thing to have for our organisation, because we have a lot of exchange students every semester (about 80) who will have to pay for events.
As we are not a business and not freelancers I don’t see a good option for our Organization yet.

If we maybe could get into contact and see what options there are, that would be great.

2 Likes

If :r:do come back to you I have possible Students Union Campus in the UK which might be interested as another test bed. @anon33247966

I contacted them through another way as well but they currently don’t have something like this.
So right now there is no such option.