Stopping pending payment

Hello there, I had unfortunate situation today in wich I paid for goods and i was charged more than website displayed. Later on after a little research i found out that it was a scam store, seller obviously won’t respond anymore but the payment is still pending, how can i cancel it? No one answers in app support chat and i am concerned that it may be too late soon to do something. Any help? Thanks :slight_smile:

So nothing? Maybe someone from Revolut could assist?

Have you contacted with in-app support? Or by Twitter or Facebook?

I did contact in-app support multiple times but no response for more than 10 hours :frowning:

In my case Twitter is the best idea to contact :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for your help, i may have to create Twiter account for that :smiley: but still hoping to get answer here or in app

Probably you have the Facebook account. You can use it too.

I don’t think you can cancel a pending payment. You have to wait until it settles or reverts and then contact :r:

Thanks for your answer! But sadly no reply from Revolut even though i tried to reach them through social media too :confused:

I think they are overwhelmed with messages since they launched the Cryptocurrency. Try to reach them on Support, Facebook and Twitter. I hope at least one answers.

Probably yeah, texted in all those platforms you mentioned

Did you search this forum? I remember similar cases. And I remember Revolut saying what @pepe2124 mentioned. You have to wait until a payment is not pending anymore. You can then initiate a chargeback.

Yeah, got response from support, i’ll have to wait for completion and then start chargeback process, just as @Frank said. Thanks for help!

Hi there.

The transaction is pending at the moment which means that the merchant has not either collected the funds nor declined the transaction.

There are two possible scenarios now: either they will realise the error and decline it, or they will not realise the error and will settle the transaction.

When that happens, you will be able to see that the transaction no longer appears in grey in your transaction history on the app. Then you can just let us know and we will be able to raise a chargeback on your behalf to recoup the funds.

Best,

Andreas K.

Thank you very much for your answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @anon33247966 @anon71086934
I was scammed in a fake ESTA site.
The payment is still pending.
How can I cancel it??
Thanks.

Hey, just contact Revolut support via app and explain situation, that worked for me :slight_smile: good luck!

Did you get your money back or did you have to wait until the transaction was processed first and then request the money back?