Stop updating UI with a terrible UX changes

Unfortunately yes. It happened before (when I tried to keep version with that cool blue theme as long as possible. At some point issues arised).
Anyway, I will try to keep 6.39.1 as long as possible.
7.x is plain bad compared to 6.x

1 Like

Well I prefer to have some problems in the future rather to have the problems right now. No-one can explain me how can I justify my expenses to my company while I am Australia since the analytics are in the home base currency and my expenses report has to be in AUD.

The support suggested me to print the transactions and add together based on categoriesā€¦ whats the point of having Revolut then? I am watching the Apple event and I can see how hard these guys are working for their UI ā€¦ unlike Revolut.

I really thought that Revolut was encouraging people to travel and use Revolut. Wasnā€™t the moto ā€œyou donā€™t have to open an bank account in another country ā€¦ just use Revolutā€ turns out not any moreā€¦ we become monzoā€¦ really sad :frowning: and not cool at all .

1 Like

My point was that recommending to others to keep an outdated version might not be the best advice in someone elseā€™s interest. So I would give them the additional information that future problems might arise from the decision not to update.

ā€œthe UI team they hired the last 1-2monthsā€¦ probably they are from N26 or Monzo.ā€
I assume you have never used N26 - their UI is lightyears apart from current Revolut. Clean, simple, streamlined - but you gave me a good chuckle anyway.

Of course I cannot compare number 26 (really funny name) and monzo with Revolut. There are a little bit better than traditional banks but their behaviour is like a bankā€¦ neobank or what ever they are called themselves.

You will never seen different currencies on N26. Its just a local bank without branches kinda of First Direct. A friend of mine relocated to Germany and they asked him to close the British accountā€¦ seriouslyā€¦

Anyways I donā€™t care about n26 since I opened the account and I never used it ā€¦ too little for meā€¦

I am a believer that Revolut will revolutionise the banking systemā€¦ and I donā€™t want to be disappointed and this kind of UI makes feel like this.

I donā€™t have to say something elseā€¦ I hope someone is reading our messages here and understand meā€¦ I am an active user from Sep16 and my passion for Revolut is unlimitedā€¦

2 Likes

It works for me! It does what it says on the tin in my case and with relative ease, my principal activity being exchange Ā£ to ā‚¬. The other bits of the app have an interest only value to me presently.

They renamed themselves to N26 yers ago. Still funny. Just in case it helps in any way. :upside_down_face:

A feature I really like (not encountered before) is to press and hold the :r: icon on my androd smartphone.
It provides a set of menu alternative shortcuts:

• Request money,
  • Send money to,
  • Top-up via card,
  • Show exchange rates

I find this feature most useful and find that I am using this way to enter the app more and more frequently so well done :r: :white_check_mark:

I agree with your point. To me Revolut disrupted the Industry by the way it was making the international lifestyle easier than ever before. The new interface makes me feel that itā€™s slightly different from now on.

Thanks for your input, Rewards is not socially distancing yet on my version. Canā€™t wait to give it a try! Even if itā€™s not the right fit yet, it can hardly be worse than the way it displays on the version I have :grinning:

Now all you can change is the balance chart

As of June 2020, the balance chart has disappeared.
I agree that I used to feel a better user experience in the previous versions.

3 Likes

Two top things (which I judge very BASIC) and I hate that it disappeared since I updated the app:

• you cannot know in advance how much a charge in a different currency is going to cost you because you no longer have the ā€œexchangeā€ option in advance. Especially for currencies that are not supported as accounts (i.e. BRL) this is a pain. I would like to put a certain amount of BRL and know how much that is in USD, or GBP.
  • quick/easy to find Support desk (and chat, even if initially it was the robot). Right now, I have no idea where the Support button is on the app.
1 Like

The converter is still there: Profile (far right icon), Widgets, Converter (or Watchlist, if you prefer this option).

Customer support did not move at all. Still far right menu icon, then the circle with the ? ā€“ the only detail that changed is itā€™s a circle now (used to be a speech bubble).

4 Likes

Hi Frank, thank you very much for this!! I was going crazy searching for these. I suppose the app was just more intuitive before (or I was more used to the way it was). I found both items now. Thank you!!

2 Likes

@Frank the stuff you mention is exactly more difficult/no longer possible after that update. Get rid of your updaticitis.

1 Like

I totally agree. We must be able to customize the appearance. Itā€™s extremely annoying to have to see those cash back and other adds on the front page. What I want to see is a list of the last 5-10 purchases like it was before. Why did you remove that?

2 Likes

Yes, it is sad to recognize. But currently, Monzo, Starling Bank, N26, and many others offer a better UX experience.
The greatest problem with Revolut is that it has become so cluttered and full of unnecessary features that now it is even hard to find the basic functions!
They need to clean up and simplify the app UI ASAP.
And also let us hide the 80% of the features that we donā€™t use anyway.

Ugh - I HATE the Revolut App now. It used to be quick and simple. Now it is full of useless junk ā€˜offersā€™ and other rubbish that we canā€™t switch off. It is really turning me off fast. I have a Starling account - if they offered Revolut style currency exchange, I would close my Revolut account now. The latest mess is when exchanging currencies we now have to ā€˜Buyā€™ and ā€˜Sellā€™ and you canā€™t specify a rate - you have to do that separately through the ā€˜Offers listā€™. COME ON Revolut - we are customers, not city traders! Simplify it or die.

2 Likes

Again, I couldnā€™t agree more. But seen the way @revolutapp reacts on Twitter to my @ndefinelicht feedback they seem completely unable to even realise the could be a problem. Speak about a failed projectā€¦
Iā€™m looking for alternatives now. TransferWise is not the same as Revolut (used to be), but it has a much more decent trajectory of development, staying much more faithful to their initial values and promises.

1 Like

To give more support and evidence to this, I will only mention just one silly example:

Right now Revolut is cluttering the little space we have left on the screen with photographs that offers a 1% cashback of some products we must buy to be reward 1% Yes, photography illustrated big buttons for us to click on a ā€œrewardedā€ of a ā€œ1% cash backā€!

Seriously? 1% cashback is such a great reward for your Metal clients that need to see a horrible banner announcing it? There are also many of these cluttering in-app ads for 2% cashback, 3% cashbackā€¦ asking us to buy things as if they were gifting us with gold!

Is Revolut still a banking, finance, investment app, or it is now a bad discount finder app like Groupon, cheap deals, etc?ā€¦

If the ā€œrewardā€ isnā€™t at least for an 8% cashback, it would just be so much better to be silent and surprise the buyers after the purchase with a little gift but not clutter the app with silly offers where we need to spend money to get a 1 to 3% cashback ā€œrewardā€.

Please value the app functionality and our attention!