Statistics- Make them more useful and meaningful!

Team Revolut,

Your idea on statistics is fantastic, awesome and brilliant!

A few things that are still lacking there though, making the statistics tool a lot less useful than it could be:

• Be able to cross-show the category across multiple accounts; This is super-important!
    I think this is very basic and perfectly justified, the majority of “power users” will use more than one account to escape weekend markups etc.

• More detailed filters on the list, allowing for custom time range filtering.

• Custom categories or tags; look at Polish mBank as an example. A lot easier to make use of statistics if you can create a custom tag and then report by it.

Thanks!
Revofan

10 Likes

Awesome ideas! Statistics are great idea, but right now, they lack very important features…

3 Likes

+1 on cross currency data.

Missing some simple overview logic for account balance and spending analytics. Ie currently everything is split per currency, but there’s no way to see total account balance (in pre-set currency) or spending data across all currencies.

Most people don’t care how much they spent in various currencies, they care how much they spend overall.

2 Likes

Agreed, I’d like to see an overall one across currencies too. This would be really powerful, especially if linked with budgeting type alerts (which I think I saw on Rev Rally are coming :slightly_smiling_face:).

It could be implemented as a ‘total’ - so side swipe the individual currencies as normal for individual analytics, and the total could be at the end.
Maybe this could be calculated in base currency.

I guess the difficulty is a constantly moving exchange rate would mean the analytics are different day to day.

Perhaps implement it so the ‘currency equivalent’ is included in the ‘total cross currency’ analytics at the time of the transaction.

Either that, or calculate it on the fly when going to the total screen. But this might get messy and inaccurate over the long-term, especially with large movements.

Either way, would definitely be useful

2 Likes

The problem that statistics do not reflect split expenses properly has been discussed in various threads already, but kind of off-topic. So I think this thread is best touring it up again.

When a user pays for a group, it inflates his spending in that category and incoming reimbursements aren’t factored in.

Here is how it’s done properly.

This is an amazing idea. I hope Revolut replicates it soon!

Sounds good, I hope this idea will come true.

Analytics: It would be good to be able to see spending trends by category, eg “how is my spending in groceries developing over time”. Would be good to see this as a line chart

This may be a it off topic here, but I’m unable to open new topic

Is there a way to export analytics? (e.g. to Excel)
Only export I can find is for transactions/statements, but that’s not normalised to main currency. I could do normalisation myself (for current exchange rate only, not historic), but would be nicer to be able to get it directly from the app.

Hi @amodric :wave:

Welcome to our :r: Community! We are happy to have you here.

When it comes to downloading statements directly from the app, we have prepared an article to help you with just that. Here you have access to a list of documents you can download from the app, and how to do it. Hope this helps :pray:

Let me know if you would need anything else!

Hi @Mariana_Rodrigues

As mentioned above, I’m not looking to download statements, but analytics.
Results would be similar, but analytics also normalise values to main currency (I assume by taking exchange rate at that time).
Is there a plan to make that possible soon?

1 Like

We will take your feedback into account, and stay tuned for future improvements :r: