Statement Export - CSV Date Formatting

Hi,

Its seems the date field of the CSV is only the day and month, and not including the year, as such importing to Excel and converting to a date value it incorrectly converts it.

Please can we have the Year added to the CSV output

Thansk

4 Likes

What version of the app do you have and what system (android or iOS) do you use?

I am using v5.29 on Android 8.0 and everything seems fine.

• However it would be nice if the date format would follow ISO 8601 (yyyy-mm-dd) Excel has a hard time detecting the date. (might be related to language)
    left column: Excel’s detected format, right column: raw data (csv in notepad)

• Excel also doesn’t like the preformatted balance, e.g. 1,234.56. Please strip that comma.

• Remove leading and trailing blanks from the field values.

Using iOS - latest version

It seems its not showing the current year, only previous:

Did you open it in a text editor?
This might be due to Excel’s auto format.
Home tab -> Number group -> dropdown select short date

It would also be nice to add the time at which the transaction occured, for ex: 2018-12-30 at 20:34

1 Like

Also using IOS.

It is not due to Excel auto format - Revolut puts all the dates from the current year as , and then it puts all dates from previous year with the actual year.

Be great to have this fixed

1 Like

Yes, one more user supporting this request here!!
Thanks Revolut!

+1. The point of an export is to keep a record of the transactions made. It is also used to import into financial tools. Not having a decently formatted date is a problem.

Would the following format not be simpler?

year-month-day

Adding the time is a good idea but in a separate column.

ISO date should be standard, as you can see In my first reply (https://community.revolut.com/t/statement-export-csv-date-formatting/75661/2?u=daidai) it even depends on the system language

2 Likes

Also the name of the card should be available as additional column in CSV file.

And, as others have suggested, it should incloude the time of the transaction. We have it in the app, why isn’t it in the csv?

Also using iOS.

• would love to see a date format including the year i.e. yyyy-mm-dd
  • please strip away all characters, kommas and blanks from the numbers

Thanks!