SPORTSDIRECT Online transaction failed, refund not happen

I just got an email telling that my order has been cancelled off as the payment method chosen was not able to complete successfully and asking me to choose another method of payment (other than previous one used - Revolut :)) ) and place my order again.

The shop is very popular: sportsdirect
I’ve exchanged euros in the Revolut app and used them to pay my order.
The order was completed successfully, but after 6 hours I got an email telling that "payment method chosen was not able to complete successfully"
I’ve used the generated virtual mastercard.
I’ve lost my desired products since they run off stock and sportsdirect promotion was over.
It’s my first time using Revolut, I thought that this could help me in order to avoid my bank exchange high rates but this totally disappointed me and lost my trust into using Revolut.
It seems that for regular users all you can do in order to reach customer support is to lose some more money with roaming rates by calling a stupid phone number.

Is the refund going to happen, if yes how long will gonna take?

Hey @emerald :slight_smile:

First of all, you don’t need to manually exchange money, the app will automagically do it for you when paying :wink:

Then, for this matter, it’s probably Sports Direct who chose to decline your payment. This can happen for a variety of reasons (address, name or postal code mismatch, risk assessment, fraud prevention…) and it’s SD who knows the exact reason :no_mouth:

Also, no, don’t call any stupid (how?) phone number. It’s an automated phone line, only helpful in case you want to block your card. To reach support, you only need to go to the More tab of the app, click Support during office hours and type live agent when RITA the bot greets you :robot::smile:

The refunds are processed within 7 days, but they might take less (and usually do, but 7 days is the official timeframe).

Hi @Juliopp and thanks for the prompt response!

I order frequently from SD and this is the only time I got rejected and the only thing I changed was the payment card - payment rejected reason. I might think that there is a problem between Revolut and SD, maybe Revolut may check and see if there is a pattern in SD’s orders and try to contact them in order to understand what makes them to deny Revolut.

Regarding the customer support, the first thing I went to check was the Support tab in the mobile app, but since it’s late weekend it was closed. My suggestion is to give the user the ability to leave at least a message even though the support stuff is off duty. This would help in order to calm the situation and give user the feeling that there is chance to write his complain instead of letting him going crazy in searching through the main website for contact emails and phone numbers. This will also help the community forum from getting polluted with unwanted and unrelated topics.

Thanks!

Hi @emerald,

As I can see you’ve tried a few times to make the payment to sportdirect.com.

The first two attempts declined due to insufficient funds and the next two declined because your Revolut card was blocked.

You can block/unlock your card from the card section of the app at any time.

However, the transaction is still pending merchant’s confirmation or reversal. If the merchant doesn’t revert the transaction explicitly, it will be reverted automatically in 7 days. You can expedite the reversal by getting the merchant to send us an email authorising us to reject the payment, along with the authorisation codes.