Spending in Thailand

What’s my best way to spend in Thailand, was told to only take cash, i dont like the idea of just cash. Can i get cash? Am i charged? Whats my best way? I obviously have a Thai Baht account on my Revolut but have no idea what is best and how to do it. Thank you

2 Likes

Hi @Hartsta, and welcome to our Community :wave:

I hope I can help you with this one as I just recently travelled to Thailand :airplane:

Most of the touristic places accept card, so you will have no trouble paying with your Revolut card :ok_hand: However, there are some places where no cards will be accepted, but you can simply use your Revolut card at an ATM to withdraw Thai Bhats with no problem at all.

Please, do keep in mind that almost all ATMs in Thailand charge a fee to withdraw cash :frowning_face:

Safe travels!

Was this helpful? Let us know.

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

Mariana Rodrigues I Community Manager

1 Like

Thank you. I have heard if i was to go to a bank you can get cash over the counter without a charge. Thank again

2 Likes

@Hartsta, Don’t forget to let us know about your experience once you’re back from Thailand. Revolut wishes you a happy journey. :luggage:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Yes, that’s also a possibility @Hartsta :ok_hand:

Safe travels! Enjoy :desert_island:

1 Like

Sorry to bother you all again. If i was to tansfer say 1000 pounds into the Thai Baht and only use 800 ponds worth would i get 200 pounds back? If there is a bank at the airport can take cash over vounter there and id there a linit i can take from a bank and does it affect the limit from a cash point? I have the metal card account. Sorry again im just new :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hello @Hartsta :wave: ,

We are glad that you reached out to us to clarify your doubt.

Whatever amount you will utilize that will be deducted from your account balance. If you convert 1,000 GBP and spend only 800 GBP, you can later exchange back the remaining amount. Over the counter is the same as withdrawing cash from an ATM, so the limit for over-the-counter transactions is equivalent to withdrawing cash from an ATM. Here are some FAQs you might find helpful :arrow_double_down:

What are the ATM withdrawal limits?
ATM withdrawals and withdrawal fees while travelling
When does my ATM withdrawal limit reset?
ATM cash withdrawal fees

SG | Community Team

Original Post: welcome community revolut

dobry den vaz[quote=“SG.Mandal, post:8, topic:248060, full:true”]

Whatever amount you will utilize that will be deducted from your account balance. If you convert 1,000 GBP and spend only 800 G[quote=“SG.Mandal, post:8, topic:248060, full:true”]

Whatever amount you will utilize that will be deducted from your account balance. If you convert 1,000 GBP and spend only 800 GBP, you can later exchange back the remaining amount. Over the counter is the same as withdrawing cash from an ATM, so the limit for over-the-counter transactions is equivalent to withdrawing cash from an ATM. Here are some FAQs you might find helpful :arrow_double_down:

ATM cash withdrawal fees

SG | Community Team
[/quote]

BP, you can later exchange back the remaining amount. Over the counter is the same as withdrawing cash from an ATM, so the limit for over-the-counter transactions is equivalent to withdrawing cash from an ATM. Here are some FAQs you might find helpful :arrow_double_down:

ATM cash withdrawal fees

*SG | Community Team
pan :

ano je to pravda zmena na inu menu je nizsia ano da pokial spatky rozmenite. kde kolvek
ATM zalezi aky mate denny rozpocet limit na vyberanie pretoze moze byt sposplatnenie a samozrejme zavisi na vas ucet aku mate pretoze kazda banka ma svoje poplatky mimo GB nastavte si withdrawal kolko potrebujete mate nizky limit ATM cez online banking daj te mi vediet dakujem vela stastia : v pripade akykolvek otazok sme k vam vzdy k dispozicii: pekny den

Translation: yes, it’s true, changing to another currency is lower, yes, if you change the repayments. where the coil
The ATM depends on your daily budget, the withdrawal limit, because there may be repayments, and of course it depends on what account you have, because every bank has its own fees outside GB, set your withdrawal how much you need, do you have a low ATM limit via online banking, let me know, thank you, good luck: v in case of any questions, we are always at your disposal: have a nice day

1 Like

Hello @rudy140 :wave:,

Thanks a lot for helping our users in the community. Kindly refer to my message here. :arrow_backward: Hope you understand. :pray:

SG | Community Team

1 Like