[solved] Pride WORKS with Uber, Car2Go etc :)

The classic standard purple Revolut card can be added as payment method to car ride/share and other services. I have used the card like that for a couple of years now.

I received my Pride card on the 16th of July and made my first payment in a shop with my pin yesterday.

Since my standard purple card is almost expired (replaced it for a Maestro) I now started to register my Pride card to services like Uber and Car2Go. Unfortunately that doesn’t work!
I cannot add my Revolut Pride card as payment method to Uber or Car2Go.

Is this because these cards are brand new? Will this change soon?

EDIT: my fault, I used a password manager to host my CC info securely but made a typo in the CC number! It works fine.

What are the first 8 digits of those cards?

Thanks it is working, i changed the title of this topic to reflect the possibilities :slight_smile:

What happened was my fault, I used a password manager to host my CC info securely but made a typo in the CC number! It works fine.

The only thing not working is contactless payment via Google Pay (you can add the card to Google Pay but cannot set up contactless payment via Google Pay).
I don’t mind because I do not want my finance data to go through Google at all. I really hope some day Revolut will simply support my phone’s NFC without Google Pay. This is already possible with other banks like Bunq via Android’s “Tap&Pay” feature.

Did you forget to enable it under card security?

My pride card works fine with google pay

I never said the Pride card doesn’t work with Google Pay. It’s just not possible to set up contactless payments after adding this card successfully in Google Pay.

And as I mentioned, we are better off without Google or Apple Pay. Just use the NFC chip directly via Android Tap&Pay (unfortunately not supported by Revolut yet). No need to share your financial data with Google.

Apple Pay makes things a lot more convenient for me. :blush:

1 Like

I think the tokens system with card payment are a great security