On 13th of January I tried to top up my account with 4425 PLN (around 1000 EUR).
My first two transactions failed because I had internet transactions limit set on my credit card. I changed the limit and tried once again. My card was charged 4425 PLN and I received confirmation of the transaction from my bank. However a few seconds later transaction in Revolut app changed its status to failed. I contacted the support to ask for help and they assured me that transaction really failed and I should get my money back within 7 days.
Two days later, transaction in my bank changed its status to completed, meaning that funds were successfully transferred to Revolut. I contacted Revolut support but several support agents couldn’t help me, each time making me wait for around 3 hours to get assigned to the next support agent. Finally I got assigned to Patrycja who was really helpful and raised a ticket in a Revolut internal system.
After a week I got an email from Revolut with a PDF containing ARN (Acquirer’s Reference Number) where transaction was marked as: “0 Transaction OK.” Maybe I’m wrong but to me this means that transaction has actually went through successfully. They said that I should send it to my bank to start a chargeback procedure.
I had to contact my bank and start a chargeback procedure which is still in progress and can take up to even 60 days.
- I’ve lost 1000 euro on 13th January during top-up.
- Revolut says it’s not their fault but actually provided me ARN where transaction is marked as successful.
- I have to go through chargeback procedure in my Bank which can take up to 60 days.
- It’s 20th February and I still haven’t gotten my money back.