SmartDelay

The new SmartDelay came through just as my flight to Salzburg was delayed by nearly 2 hours. Even before the delay was announced 2 Free lounge vouchers appeared in the Revolut app for me and my son.

Much welcomed. Well done Revolut :+1:

19 Likes

Did you buy the tickets with your :r:?
How did they know what your flight is?

Edit: Just saw that one can enter flight numbers in advance.

Thank you for the feedback!

Just one question I’ve been wondering: does :r: issue the regular LoungeKey voucher that works anywhere? Because if it’s the case I can see this being exploited a lot!

Yes, it’s the regular voucher that works anywhere. With one difference: it expires in 48 hours.

So people can just use a random flight number that is delayed to generate a LoungeKey Voucher?

I would imagine that Revolut would geolocate you at the time of the delay and the voucher production. To ensure that you’re actually at an airport. And maybe that you arrive at the claimed destination?

I red somewhere in a another forum that you have to send your boarding pass as proof.

Smart delays is the biggest scam ever.

I was in the airport when the flight was delayed.
I could not add my flight in the app as it showed “an error occurred, try again later” when trying to add it to the smart delays tab.
Thus I sent a message to the support who asked for a picture of my boarding pass and a photograph of the boarding screen… In 2022 with flight radar and all the technology that exist they needs picture of airports’ screens.

Fair enough, I took the picture, sent my boarding pass. And 2h later, here I am still waiting for my lounge key, my plane being in 30mn I have lost hope in both, going to the lounge and Revolut services.

This is not the first issue I meet with Revolut “advantages” of premium cards. Revolut is good for small amounts and current daily activities but all premium services are not or they work if you are lucky (cashback works 1/2 days).

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I can’t seem to open a new one. I guess as a newcomer to this community some restrictions apply.
Does SmartDelay require the plane ticket to be bought with the Revolut card? I rarely fly for personal reasons; most of my flights are for work, in which case my company pays for the tickets. Will I be able to use SmartDelay in such cases?
Thank you.