simple question

Hello

I’ve a revolution card with xxx euros. I’ll be in Asia next week and i have a simple question. Should i exchange on application with local money before use my card or it’s automatic ?

thank you for you help and excuse me for my english.

It should be automatic. If asked as well, you should always say that you don’t want them to convert it as they will charge a mark up %age

the card can only contain Euros, US$ and UK pounds.
you cant really exchange to any other currency.

what will happen is that when you pay for something, it will convert in real time based on fx rate

Ok
thank you Macca and Fernando

Hi @cjerome

There is no need to exchange before as the card will automatically convert your balance to the local currency using our exchange rate. Remember always choose to be charged in the local currency.

FYI: http://revolutapp.tumblr.com/post/149458373057/always-choose-to-be-charged-in-the-local-currency

Are in Asia not most currencies linked to the USD?

Assuming I am holding USD, GBP and EUR. From which pot will the amount be taken?

Your Revolut account can hold a balance in EUR, GBP and USD. The card selects which balance to use in the following order:

The local currency of the merchant/ATM e.g. if you are in the U.K. it will use GBP, your base currency (for a UK resident this would be GBP, if you are within the Eurozone this will be EUR and anywhere else will be USD).

You need to have sufficient funds in one single balance in order to make a transaction. If you don’t have enough funds in the balance of the local currency, it will default to your next largest balance and so on.