Shambolic service from Revolut

I transferred £500 to my card last week ahead of a trip to Portugal at the weekend.

I contacted your support on Wednesday he 31st of may at around 6am to confirm the card was being declined.

Someone then responded after numerous attempts to contact your support app saying the card needed verified and it was being passed to another team.

Your verification system will not scan my bank card.

No response from the support team. No access to funds and I’ve now been and returned home from holiday!!

Having no option to speak with someone is nothing short of ridiculous

2 Likes

Good luck with support, I’ve yet to reach anyone thru the in app chat. Appears the only way is via twitter etc. Good luck getting your cash.

Thanks Lee.

Unfortunately tweeting then falls on deaf ears.

Oh dear, that was the default if you weren’t getting any joy from in app chat.

Try Starling or Monzo, their customer service is superb and their cash withdrawal limit is higher abroad. They both offer great rates abroad?

Hopefully you hear from customer service.

Hello @Cmurph20,

I’m really sorry to hear that. I can see that our support team responded and resolved your query.

We advice our user to confirm the card used for top up in the app before they travel. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Andreas

Hello @Cmurph20
I hope you will be luckier than me. After one month of struggling, I still cannot have ‘for security reasons’ of course, a detailed report about where my money has been sent and the exact reason why my account have been blocked.

Hi @docGG,

We appreciate your interest.

However, compliance team informed you that in accordance with section 9.1 of our Terms and Conditions, we are unable to continue to offer you services provided by Revolut and your account has been suspended indefinitely. Any remaining funds were send back to the original sources.

Hi, I did check before I travelled. Hence the reason I noticed your card/system did not work.

I also contacted your support before I travelled.

They only responded and refunded on Monday-6days after I contacted them originally.

I appreciate you need to verify accounts ". Sadly your system will not scan my card to verify and for some unknown you do not allow a user to free type the card details in for verification.

Bizarre and extremely frustrating

Hi @Cmurph20

Thank you for letting me know. The reason why users have to scan the card and not just type the card details in during the verification process, is because scanning your top up card lets us know that the debit card used to add money to your Revolut account is your own and it’s in your possession.

However, if for any reason you cannot scan the card, we can do this for you manually by sending a bank statement where we can see the top ups to Revolut and the billing address.

Always the same copy-paste sentence. Can’t you have real people give real reasons and prove them. Can’t you give your customers a detail statement concerning when, where and how much of their money was sent back to the original sources.When finally I will get ALL my money back and when all my sources unblocked by your compliance inefficient team, I will be happy to forget about such a poor service.

Hi I have a lost transfer that has been confirmed as sent to your company but no one currently will investigate this

I have wasted hours yesterday and this had been on going for a month, support is getting worse by the week. This is not difficult i have provided date amount and reference its disappointing and worrying

Unfortunately, I’m not able to help you because your case has been already escalated to our compliance team.

Sorry to hear that. Could you please send me a DM with more details so I can help?

I was not expecting any other answer. Ask the compliance team to answer my questions then ! It must be a ghost compliance team… Beside the already made copy-paste answers once a week nobody is ever on line with me.
I just hope all the people reading this Post will appreciate the way clients are treated by Revolut… And what they could foresee in the future.

3 Likes

I totally agree with the original poster. I have a revolut card but I can’t see myself using it anymore. I still have funds in the account, but I’ll probably withdraw that soon. I’m now using monzo instead. I simply cannot understand how the staff at Revolut do not see the utmost importance of offering good and fast customer support! In fact the quality of support probably is more important to most users than any other feature the revolut account or cards could possibly offer! Support staff not answering questions in the app, not helping users with urgent matters for many, many days, nobody available to help you; it is beyond ridiculous!

3 Likes

Hi Andreas
I have been waiting awaiting an update on this in our private chat. I have already requested this over a day ago and again yesterday so I have to respond again publically to get an update?
If my bank can do a confirmation trace in a day for an international transfer why am I waiting for an update over a week from Revolut?

Revolut has around 100 employees, not sure how much of them are support.
Revolut receives 3000-4000 support queries every day, up to 30% of that is handled by RITA bot, so that leaves ~2000-3000 queries per day for not so many support employees, no wonder response times are poor.

Time is money, they have my money and are wasting my time.
If you are unable to support your client base efficientally you will lose it no doubt.
Still waiting for an acknowledgement of my latest contact.

And still waiting!!!