Setting up my Revolut Business account with iTunes App Store Connect

Hi,

I’m a developer making my revenue through iTunes App Store Connect. I recently signed up for Revolut Business (since my current bank is too expensive). But I only ended up running into more problems.

Basically I have no idea how to set up the App Store Connect banking details.

Let me walk you through everything the App Store Connect asks me as I try entering new banking information for receiving payments.

1. Bank Country
I suppose this is United Kingdom, so I select it.

2. Sort Code
Then they ask me for Sort Code. I log into my Revolut Business, the only place I can find Sort Code is in my GBP account and Local payments section. But this can’t be it. Because if I enter this Sort Code, App Store Conect detects it as " PREPAY TECHNOLOGIES LTD" bank. Ok, I’m rewinding. They have “Look Up Sort Code” option. So I enter “Bank name contains: Revolut”. I get 2 possible Sort Codes for Revolut bank - 00-99-70 and 00-99-69.
Which one should I take? Revolut support doesn’t know the answer. But 00-99-69 seems correct because my IBAN for any non-local-GBP-payments-account starts with GB32REVO009969. So I select that.

3. Bank Account number and IBAN
Next App Store Connect asks me for these. Arent they synonyms? Apparently not. IBAN is IBAN, but Bank Account Number is, by Apple explanation “An account number can generally be found on your checks or bank statements and must be English letters or numbers only.” . I’m stuck again, but after some research I find out that this Bank Account Number in most cases actually is what follows after the Sort Code in my full IBAN. So my Bank Account Number must be GB32REVO009969XXXXXXXX. So I enter that. I select currency as EUR and fill out the rest of fields like Beneficiary name etc.

I submit the info and it is processed successfully. I send over all the details I have entered to Revolut Support for them to double check and verify. They tell me that these details wont work without explaining why and what is incorrect.

So this is my story. Does anyone have any ideas or tips? Maybe some of you are iTunes developers who have successfully set up your payments with Revolut? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi! Have you managed to sort this out? I have the same problem now!

1 Like

Hi Sergov! Feel free to contact us via the support chat if you have any issues that we can help you with.
You can do so by going to our website here: https://business.revolut.com/ and click on the chat bubble at the bottom right-hand corner, if you type us a message an agent will reply shortly.

Best regards,
Revolut Team

1 Like

I’m having the same issue.

From what I understand:
IBAN are generated from your local sort code and account number.
However, in Revolut - IBANs follow a non-standard format which Apple rejects as it doesn’t match the local sort-code and account number you enter.

Therefore as it stands:
Revolut is unable to accept payments from iTunes App Store Connect

I’ve spoken to Revolut technical support and they’ve advised to speak to Apple direct, which I believe is fair - but unlikely to result in a solution.

1 Like

Hi - has any progress been made on ever solving this? Surely there are Revolut customers who are able to receive income from Apple Itunesconnect? Seems dumb this still hasn’t been fixed

1 Like

Hi all,

I am having the exact same issue. Apple tells me my Revolut Business account details are incorrect…
The Revolut Chat is closed because they are too busy and I would not find an email to send my issue to.
Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

thanks;
Henri

1 Like

I don’t think chat is closed.

Just scroll down and tap/click “chat with us”.

Treat it like an email. Write down all the informations and what you want them to do. Support is most effective when they have everything available to help you without getting back to you. That way, you don’t have to sit and wait. Support will respond eventually.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue with Apple App Store connect not accepting the IBAN for my Revolut Business account.

The following is the response I got from their finance team when I engaged them to support as so far Revolut state that Apple need to help find a solution.

Apple is unable to send successful payments to accounts at Revolut.

Additional instructions are commonly required by online only financial institutions that do not have their own bank routing number (sort code/bank key). For this reason, payments would be deposited at another bank before reaching the account owner. Therefore, additional routing instructions would be required to be sent with your payments.

- Apple is unable to successfully send payments to accounts that require additional instructions for payment routing
 - This type of indirect transfer is not supported for Apple Media Services payments. 

You may only provide one bank account in App Store / iTunes Connect, and it must be your final beneficiary bank account. Adding a bank account number or “for credit to” in the bank account holder name field will cause your payment to fail.

Again, your bank provides you with a routing number that belongs to a different bank. Your banking will not validate if your routing number does not appear in your IBAN. This is a requirement that helps to ensure your payment will not be lost. Validation against routing number, IBAN, and bank account number is required when providing your banking in App Store / iTunes Connect.

In order to receive payments, please provide a bank account that uses its own routing number and does not require additional instructions for payment to fund your final beneficiary bank account.

Has anyone had any success with registering their Revolut accounts with Developer App Store?

2 Likes

Have you been able to sort this issue?

1 Like

Hi all, wondering if this should be easier/possible now they allow $US based accounts? I’ve been trying to set it up with the new ABA routing number and account number but still getting mails back from Apple saying there are errors with my setup. Having emailed support they state they can’t guarantee successful payment to Revolut accounts! I’d previously tried with the UK account to no avail. Grateful for any pointers on this. Getting to the point where I feel like I might need to move my business account. :-1: