Set a maximum amount on the Virtual Disposable Card

Like it is possible to set a monthly limit with the other cards, it would be great if it’s possible to set a maximum amount for the next purchase with the Virtual Disposable Card.

Just to be sure that the website will not take more than it should.

4 Likes

You can already do this: tap your virtual card under the “Cards” tab, tap on “Settings” then “Spending limit”.

3 Likes

Nice. Revolut always thnks ahead and includes all the requires security features. :+1:

1 Like

I have it for the normal virtual card, not for the disposable virtual card.

Are you sure ?

1 Like

Ah - you’re quite right - it doesn’t work for the disposable card, only the regular virtual cards. I misread your original post - sorry.

In fairness to :r: the disposable card can only be used the once, so it’s not like multiple retailers / authorisations can be obtained using the one card.

1 Like

As a virtual disposable card can be used only once there’s no need to such thing as limits… And - at least I think so - if you give your VirtDispo card’s number to any services the fees will not be withdrawn by the provider as there will be no card existing with that number…

1 Like

Why I would like this limit ? Just in case i’m paying on a website not very sure. I don’t want them to make a payment of 1000€ if I want to buy something who cost 10 €

4 Likes

It makes sense to set a limit

2 Likes

The better solution world be to enforce 3DS for all and every transaction. That way you always have to and can confirm the amount. No surprise anymore.

2 Likes

There is a daily limit on the virtual disposable card when more than a certain number of cards are generated but revolut does not say what the daily limit is , financial or number of cards generated. It resets the following day. Does anyone know what this daily limit is?

1 Like

i have choice revolut for the virtual disposable card after getting weird transaction message in RS components that they said by mail for confirmation order " thank you for placing your order. We’ll email you again to confirm PRICES and delivery dates" when i see that i didnt try, i just block my bank card and subscribe to revolut, and my first idea was your, why we can not set a maximum amount to a one use card.

If they dont do, i will have to use a multi use virtual card, set up a max amount for the month equal at the price of my basket , and delete the card after the transaction, that’s a bit idiot, when they can just set up a maximum amount to a disposable one,

2 Likes

Exactly, the absence of spending limit and no confirmation of the payment (3D secure or so on) makes the disposable card very insecure. My recommendation is not to use it because you can not be sure if the shop charges you the right amount or much more than it displays on the webpage.
I stopped using it and use only the normal virtual card, where I can set a limit.

Revolut, please fix it.

1 Like

Hello everyone :wave:,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide your detailed point of view. :hugs:

I completely understand you guys want to set up a spending limit and 3ds security on virtual disposable cards. We are trying to streamline our products, so stay tuned. :rocket:

@astareban @Tallman282 @deeejay Welcome to our :r: community, mate. :heart_eyes:

SG | Community Team

1 Like