SEPA Irish Transfer

Hi Revolut,
I’ve made a transfer from my irish bank account into my Revolut account on sunday. I made the transfer using the BIC and IBAN for my Revolut account. It’s now tuesday morning, the money has left my irish bank account but has still not arrived in my Revolut account yet. I was told that it was going to take one working day, I’m beginning to get quite worried now as 2 days have since transpired. Can you please look into it?

Thanks,

Darragh

Also guys this is extremely important as I’ve a rent to pay and the deadline is today so i need this sorted ASAP!!!

Hi there. Transfers from within Europe can take up to 4 working days and those from outside Europe take 3-5 working days to reach your Revolut account. It can take longer from some countries so please be patient.

Thanks Andreas, so is there any definite date when this will come through because I have to let my landlord know

Sorry I’m not really happy with how this is being dealt with. I was told on my Revolut App that a SEPA Transfer will take up to 1 working day, now I’m being told it’s 4. On top of that, this money will eventually have to travel outside of the EU. So I could end up missing my rent installment by nearly a week?! Why advertise on the App that SEPA will arrive the next working day, and then tell me on this it’ll take 4?!

2 Likes

I have had this issue before too. Really poor to falsely advertise how quick the transaction will be, need to make it clearer how long it will take to transfer money. Hope you manage to get sorted with your transaction and the lack of clarity doesn’t affect your rent!!!

1 Like

Hi Darrah,
I’ve just started using Revolut and have experienced a similar problem. I transferred money five days ago into my Revolut account, and it’s still not been verified and I can’t access the funds. I think Revolut are just sitting on the money somewhere. In fact I haven’t had any meaningful response from the help chat.

I wish you all the best with them. I’m not sure what to do next about mt case.

Regards
Tom

2 Likes

Hi Tom,

Yeah it’s an absolute joke. No doubt our money is sitting in an account somewhere so they can get some interest on it for a few days. Bloody joke, last time I use it for this kind of service. hopefully we get sorted soon.

Rgds,

Darragh

Hi Darrah,
I know, totally unacceptable. I thought Revolut would be an improvement on the other banks. So far not good.

I wanted to give Revolut a chance before going to the media, unfortunately because of the silence from Revolut I am running out of options.

Stay in touch

Tom

This is information is also on our FAQs. EUR transfers can take up to 4 days.

So why is it advertised at the BIC and IBAN homepage that it’ll take up to one business day?! Which can i take as the truth?

Patience guys and girls… May, 1st is a bank holiday in the SEPA region, so no SEPA wire transfer transactions today, like at all.

A SEPA transfer scheduled on sunday will have been processed by the outgoing bank on monday and one business day from monday is wednesday this week because of the bank holiday today.

So, in case the OP has used the correct SEPA IBAN, the money will most likely in his Revolut account tomorrow, provided that he used the correct, local, personal Revolut IBAN and there is no other problem.

If the money isn’t in the Revolut account by wednesday evening, then I’d start to worry though.

Everything else discussed here is a different problem (Account not verified etc.).

so bad! I’ was very trust Revolut normally it only took 2 days for my transactions to other people’s accounts. I sent my savings to my Revolut account every month and doing some investments, as time passed my fund is built up and it is large amount of money. I decided to buy a house, last week I did two transactions to my solicitor account and they also got notifications said there are two transactions will come from Revolut( it means IBAN and BIC are correct), however now is 6 business days, and my solicitor still not received the money. I need it very urgently!!!

I talked to Revolut staff yesterday, they told me to gave the transaction confirmation details to the receiver’s bank, however, the staff from the bank of Ireland told me, they can’t be tracking the money only Revolut can, Revolut staff told me another way around(and said the Bank of Ireland already received money, but the Bank of Ireland stuff told me they are not holding any money from transfer). BTW the external reference number is only using for Revolut internal. And the bank of Ireland staff told me people are all complaining about the time for the transitions, although it said only take within 2days for SEPA, some people took over a week just like me because the Revolut moved to the Lithuania bank!!! hope I can receive my money next week. GOD BLESS!

Exactly the same thing happening with me right now. I can’t believe Revolut is managing to mess up SEPA transfers as well!
I’m absolutely losing my trust in Revolut… what a pity.

I used to do a monthly transfer to my Irish bank (AIB) and it would arrive the same day. Now that IBANs changed to Lithuania, it’s been 3 days and no sign of the money anywhere. Revolut says the money left my account, but AIB says no money arrived to them.

Revolut has been seriously dropping the ball lately. What a shame!

2 Likes

Hello, same - previous transfers to the same AIB iban (while was still using the GB ibans) were successful.
I made a transaction on 25th December, confirmed on 28th by Revolut, but AIB claims (on 7th January) they still have not received the money