SEPA Instant Payments - now live

There are a few non-UE countries in the SEPA so I do hope the UK will remain in it despite the Brexit :hugs:

I hope we get to a point where I can pay in euro, to be honest. I’m a pretty big fan of SEPA too :ok_hand:

faster payments isn’t that bad, but it’s a pity Revolut doesn’t allow direct debits in its home country.

otoh the UK reserves its right to ruin itself as it sees fit, for that it requires its own currency

If Revolut is connected to faster payments I’ll eat my hat. It’s the slowest transfer on the planet.

Should be coming within the first half of 2019. So should most of the things promised in February last year, according to Chad West.

I don’t want Brexit, can you adopt or marry me so I can get your citizenship? :joy:

That’s because the UK wants our own printed notes with the monarchy on them, that’s just how the UK rolls. We also like the ability to inflate and deflate our currency, I’m sure we’d be open to adopting it if common monetary policy became a thing in the EU.

Polymer notes are pretty cool (+1 to UK).
Don’t know why EU don’t use such thing for euro :expressionless:

I very much dislike polymer notes. They fold and once they fold they’re creased forever, the old notes were much easier to uncrease.

Possibly because of how difficult it is. The UK still have 20£ notes that are “paper” and the rollout of notes has taken a while. Polymer 20£ notes are coming 2020, not sure about 50£ notes.

on a cashless tracked society like the one being built there is no use for notes larger than a “20” imo. 50+ are for off-the-books activities.