Send bitcoin/eth/ltc to and from Revolut

It there any way (or will there be) to send cryptocurrencies to and from Revolut account and a crypto wallet?

2 Likes

Not currently, it seems to be a closed system where you cannot access the actual cryptocurrency externally for now (unless you pay using your card and it’s got bitcoin on of course), it’s off ledger on Revolut’s network by the looks of it. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m afraid no external transfers are supported.

You can buy, sell, exchange within Revolut!

Find more info on our blog: bit.ly/2wUvxvZ

2 Likes

Thank you for the info. Let’s hope transfers in crypto will be allowed soon.

1 Like

When are you looking to introduce a feature to transfer cryptocurrenices externally?

4 Likes

Without the ability to send cryptocurrencies externally, the new feature to purchase cryptocurrencies does not seem very interesting…

6 Likes

It seems to be for people who want to hold Ctypto and spend the potential earnings with their Revolut card but I agree, external transactions would make it perfect

3 Likes

I think the question is if Revoult buys “physically” bitcoin when you make the order…?

1 Like

It does not matter if it does or not, as long as you cannot transfer it in an outside wallet. You will be able to call it bitcoin or whatever you like but it will “belong” to Revolut. If your account gets blocked or the service is down you will not have any money.

3 Likes

Hey guys, I love the features of the Revolut card but you guys are getting so greedy, your exchange rate on the Bitcoin is about €1000 under the going rate, I don’t mind yous making money but that is taking the piss :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hello! I was making exchange eur for btc, but after that I realized that I can’t withdraw btc from my account. I had bought btc for my nephew for cristmas, but now I can’t send it to him. Please, make Revolut greater, add withdraws for crypto!

6 Likes

Please please please. This is a must-have feature.

3 Likes

That’s a shame! I was about to upgrade to premium to get the crypto function. However, If you cannot transfer crypto to other wallets the function makes little sense to me.
I would be very interested in this function only if crypto can be moved around…

4 Likes

Its because you don’t have your own bitcoin wallet on Revolut. You are actually buying a kind of a token and not a bitcoin. You cannot also follow your transaction on the Blockchain. Only Revolut owns the bitcoin.

1 Like

They said they might add the external transfers in Phase 2, but I guess they don’t want to talk about it too much for now, it’s probably not finalized and there are for sure legal implications.

Being able to use Revolut to “trade” (speculate) on btc/ltc/eth is already a good step forward :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the beginning I thought the same, that there would be a wallet associated or at least you would be able to send your BTC outside. Unfortunately, I do not see such an option which is a pity…

Please add this feature.

3 Likes

It is pointless to buy any crypto with this service UNTIL they allow users to transfer in and out.

Please don’t be fooled (like me) into paying the premium price expecting this obvious ability.

I cannot even understand the point of the feature, you may as well call BTC an AARDVARK if you cant actually transfer it out or in with a proper wallet

I Feel a little ripped off to be honest, and their silence on the subject is deafening :frowning:

5 Likes

Many people buy/sell crypto only for investments purposes, therefore the current solution from Revolut works perfectly: you can buy & sell 3 crypto very easily from your existing fiat currency wallet, and even pay with it (Revolut will convert back to fiat when paying)

I think this is a first step and they will add external transfers in the future, but they didn’t talk too much about it officially.

1 Like

Sorry, it’s still pointless. Why would anybody do that when they have no control over it?

For investment purposes you’d be better off using a normal crypto service that allows you to buy with Fiat (of which there are a number), just as easy to sign up and just as easy to associate your credit card or bank account with them.

For Revolut to not even give a date as to when this is fixed is nonsense.

4 Likes

It’s like a service for betting on crypto right now. Like futures, not the real thing.

6 Likes