Self Employed : Limit Reached

This is my second post, as my first post which I took time and effort to write never ended up getting published while waiting for moderator approval 11 hours ago. Hopefully this one actually gets approved.

I am self employed and invoice on a monthly basis for my retainer and any expenses refund. I am using a Personal account as my invoices are made out and paid to my own “name”. I started acting in this capacity 3 months ago and having just received payment for my 3rd month the funds are sitting in limbo while I provide proof of income.

Following a previous topic by @anon33247966 I submitted 3 months of invoices.

I then got a message albeit being a Premium user that it would be 96 hours before I received a response!!!

Hence my original unpublished post and then resorting to facebook help to get a faster response.

After a few back and forths where the Rep reminded me that this was a personal account and not for business use (where I replied that as you can see from my transaction history that’s all I use it for, day to day personal transactions and receipt of retainer). He requested I send 3 months of payslips…

Then savings accounts and tax documents. I sent the savings from my Barclays account albeit showing that I was using everything to top up Revolut and tax documents were irrelevant as I didn’t need to register for self assessment with HMRC for another 5 months.

He then stated that based on this information £25k was still the maximum limit they could provide although it was clear that after 4 months I had already exceeded this.

So then I asked if I would get a refund for my Premium subscription with the account now being useless and what would happen to the large incoming payment I have in limbo.

There was no response to this and then he asked a question about a payment I sent to an auditing firm (relating to a previous company I was turning from dormant to closed from years ago where I was the majority shareholder) and then as I was in active for 30 minutes logged out telling me he would resume as soon as I’m back.

I responded 20min later and now it’s been 10 hours since I received a response…

I’m not quite sure why all the back and forward after I already attached the 3 documents as publically stated were required in the first instance, right now I’ve been asked for more information and explanation of my private affairs then that Nigerian Oil Baron distant cousin that told me I had inherited his fortune…

I don’t understand,: you want to use a Personnal account for Professional activity ?

All sorted now. Customer Service was excellent. Also opening up Revolut for Business so the same situation doesn’t happen again.

4 Likes

Thank you for your patience & you understanding. I’m glad that we were able to help you.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Andreas K

1 Like

Same here @anon33247966, can you help please?

Hi there. Thank you for your patience. I’ve escalated this issue to the relevant team which is better suited to help you with your request. Please note a member of the team will contact you via in-app chat as soon as possible.