Save reference when setting up a new payment

When sending a payment to a credit card company, you normally need to use the credit card number as the reference when making the payment.
It would great to be able to save a reference number with the payee information when setting up a new beneficiary. So that the reference number was part of the definition of the beneficiary.
This simple step would make for a more convenient experience when using an outgoing bank transfer to pay off a credit card, and also a more secure / robust process as there is less error potential by mistyping the reference number each time. I could then just have one beneficiary representing each card which needs paying off.

5 Likes

Yep, same for crypto exchanges (that basically means Coinbase as most of the others were blacklisted).
Forget the ref once and you’re in for a long wait with their support!

mistyping the reference number each time

you can copy the reference from a previous payment’s detail page

2 Likes

While copying works in worst case, saving the reference is surely the better option and standard functionality which other mobile banks offer.

1 Like

Yes copying is a good workaround for now, but saving would be better.

Also if a beneficiary was defined as an account/sortcode/reference combination then it would also make things like the statistics and historical analysis more useful as you could check the historical total that you’ve paid onto a specific card or external account.

I agree, this would be a very usuful feature for reoccuring transactions, like paying rental fee, where customer ID has to be added to reference, or paying the personal pension where the same is needed.

So +1 for the feature

Agree on this one!
I remember 2 years ago that I reference for beneficiaries was saved. Now every time I make payments for my credit cards, I gave to enter the number manually.

Would be great if the reference from last payment to a beneficiary is saved and can be chosen by one tap during creation of the transfer

I have just worked out a way to do this albeit not ideal, but you can actually find your original payment from the list of transactions - open it up and then you have the option at the top to “send again”. You simply alter the amount (if you wish) and importantly it will use the previous reference given.

+1
I would also appreciate to be able to save the reference per bank account!

1 Like

+1 business and personal accounts

1 Like

+1
I would also appreciate to be able to save the reference per bank account!

1 Like

How is this not a feature yet? We really need this feature added soon. Every other bank has this!!!

+1 on this.
Not trying to necrobump but, my situation here is that I have to pay monthly my rent.
The receiver account uses the reference to identify the lease agreement based on an arbitrary code that each of the tenants receive.
Having this information saved on this contact would be very useful.

1 Like

@nwildner Hello and Greetings from the community. :star_struck:

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate your response and the insights you shared. :rocket:

Veda | Community Team

1 Like