Samsung Galaxy Note 8+ Fingerprint Reader

Hi !
Im french can you help me pls ? And i can’t post anything i dont understend the rules for creat a new post… As you can see inam very sad in english :frowning:

I need to report a bug :

" On Samsung Galaxy note 8+ / android 9 / there is a bug : we can’t activate the biometric security (fingerprint scanner) to login. The is just a circle during 1 or 2 sec and then nothing happen. It is very anoying to tape the password each time… I try to uninstall and re install it and delet all data from the app but the result is the same. It is a bug. My phone is up tu date too. A lot a people have this phone, can you fix this on your next release pls ? "

Can you help me to report the bug pls ?

Best regards

2 Likes

Hi ! I have the same problem

On Samsung Galaxy note 8+ / android 9 / there is a bug :
we can’t activate the biometric security (fingerprint scanner).

It is very anoying to tape the password each time…

I try to uninstall and re install it and delet all data from the app but the result is the same. It is a bug. My phone is up tu date too.

A lot a people have this phone, can you fix this on your next release pls ?

Best regards

3 Likes

Hi again @Elmin and welcome
I have created this new topic for you and moved your posts accordingly.
As for the ability to create new topic yourself, it concerns the underlying Discourse software which controls the Community. Over time, by engaging with the Community, you will be able to create your own own topics - don’t worry.

4 Likes

@Elmin Hello and welcome to the :r: community. :hugs: Hope this information was helpful. We will do our best and report this bug to the respective team for consideration. :rocket:

Meanwhile please contact us through social media channels using this link for further assistance regarding the same. :blush:

@Graham_Lees Thank you for helping out. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

Veda | Community Team

2 Likes

@Veda.Ramesh I don’t think the underlying issue is resolved - no one has been able to address the OPs fingerprint reader issue… the ability to create new topics was secondary :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Elmin :wave:

Thank you @Graham_Lees for spotting this out!

@Elmin have you been able to solve your issue? If not, have you reported this to the tech team? :eyes:

Thanks!

Mariana I Community Manager

1 Like

Also Unable to activate “Sign in with Biometrics”/fingerprint - Samsung S9 plus

1 Like

Hi @Paulie2 :wave: and thank you for joining our :r: Community!

Have you double-checked if you have the latest version of the App and the newest software on your device? :eyes:

Thanks!

Mariana I Community Manager

Both app and phone software are up to date.