Salary in EUR to RON

Hi,
I live in Romania but I am working remotely for a company from Spain which pays me in EUR. Since RO is not using EUR as currency yet, I was thinking I can receive my salary in the Revolut EUR account and then I can use the app to exchange EUR to RON (local currency) and transfer to the RON attached bank account (ING Bank).

I have a few questions maybe you can help me out please.

1. If i exchange EUR to RON in Revolut and then transfer the money to my RON bank account at ING , what taxes apply and how much time it takes to transfer usually?

2. Wouldn’t be better to just use the Revolut physical card(which i already have) with EUR currency to pay for stuff in RO?

3. I do not own a EUR account at my local bank. Only USD.

4. How can I raise the limits for transfers(incoming and outgoing) to the maximum allowed value? Being a salary account I need to make sure that I do not reach the limit to soon and then wait a couple of days until it is lifted.

Thank you!

Hello, welcome to :r: :slight_smile:

If i exchange EUR to RON in Revolut and then transfer the money to my RON bank account at ING , what taxes apply and how much time it takes to transfer usually?

It’s free from Revolut point of view BUT check with your local bank since they may charge you for receiving SWIFT transfer…

Wouldn’t be better to just use the Revolut physical card(which i already have) with EUR currency to pay for stuff in RO?

Yep, it’s better and simplier that way :slight_smile:

How can I raise the limits for transfers(incoming and outgoing) to the maximum allowed value? Being a salary account I need to make sure that I do not reach the limit to soon and then wait a couple of days until it is lifted.

First of all it’s better to be proactive : contact Revolut with the in-app support chat and ask for a top-up limit increase. You’ll be contacted a few hours/days later to provide documents as proof of your salary.

No fee at all either revolut or ing. Expect to randomly freeze your account, money stuck in it and no response for days, though.
Avoid for now.