Round up your spare change and save with Vaults 💸

Round up your spare change and save with Vaults :money_with_wings:

11 Likes

It doesn’t work on Android. There is no update in the market

2 Likes

I guess this will roll out gradually today.

1 Like

Is there any interest on the money when its held in a Revolut vault?

1 Like

Great :slight_smile:

May I suggest a slight change for the German translation?

Vault obviously means different things. Bank vaults, cellars, treasury chambers. And all of them come with different sexes in German grammar. Revolut decided to go for female. While I am all for feminism, it does sound funny.

Instead of Füge eine neue Vault hinzu I would suggest Füge ein neues Vault hinzu.

This would be gender neutral.

We’re rolling this feature out gradually!

1 Like

So it means that I’m in a wrong part(y) :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@AndreasK
Just updated my app on ios and it’s all there :+1:
Now need to avoid getting change on weekends :joy::joy::joy:
Avoiding markup …(joke)
Thats insignificant​:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth perhaps but I don’t see any value in this. Revolut is without doubt my favourite finance tool but ‘vaults’ seems like trivia.

Monzo like fiddling with ‘pots and jars’ at the expense of producing anything useful so it’s disappointing to me to see Revolut doing this.

1 Like

This is one of the features that I’ve been waiting for a long time, and I’m glad it’s here! Will most definitely help me save money for travelling! Traditional bank accounts should be like this, and it’s one of the reasons I don’t use them in my Portuguese bank, too complicated. :money_with_wings:

For those who say it’s disappointing I’m curious why, can you guys explain?

3 Likes

Guys, you should introduce being able to lock portions of funds off for periods of time. It’s more like a change purse than a vault. I can withdraw at any time.

1 Like

That is a really good idea!

I think vaults is a cool feature as a saving tool and will be useful.

I’m not so sure about the spare change setting with multiple currency wallets though. You can only specify one currency for this feature, so any transactions in another currency and the ‘spare change’ gets converted into your nominated currency.

If this happens at the weekend surcharge rates apply. Also you can lose out on pennies/cents because, naturally, Revolut rounds down the conversion to whole numbers, not getting the real rate. This happens when numbers are low.

I know we’re only talking about pennies/cents. But this is the point of ‘spare change’ saving.

There’s a saying: ‘Take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves’. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Still no Android update, when can we expect it?

I deserved for update yesterday about 23.00 :wink:

Just updated on my Samsung.

Still not available in :austria:. But I am not in a hurry.

I am not in a hurry, but I want it now! :wink: :black_joker:

3 Likes

Just used it and it works really well!

I suggest @revolut to let us round up to .50 as well, making a purchase of 1.10 and then having 0.90 moved too the savings account is too much in my opinion.

2 Likes